Talk

Advanced search

Daunting weight loss support thread.

(10 Posts)
mamadivazback Wed 17-Aug-11 15:15:45

Hi everyone, I currently have 7 and half stone to lose which seems soo daunting right now! I just need some hand holding through the tough times and to help keep me on the straight and narrow so does anyone fancy joining me for the ride?

Cheers smile

chocolatespiders Wed 17-Aug-11 16:16:57

I will, I have about 5 stone (maybe more to lose) and a food addiction to rid from my life once and for all.

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Wed 17-Aug-11 19:36:01

I also have loads to lose, and I am doing it with Paul McKennas help. Whats your plan?

mamadivazback Thu 18-Aug-11 09:37:50

Hello and thanks for replying.

I generally don't want know if I want to be 'following' a plan like Weight Watchers etc, I would like to (hopefully successfully) just re train my brain to eat when I'm hungry and not when I'm bored or because I see foos and naturally get into a healthier approach to food and of course excercise.

I don't really have cash to do any sort of class or anything like that so I m starting out walking to and from school with my DS and maybe building in a fitness DVD or something.

I also intend on doing a weekly weigh in and putting it somewhere visible for all to see, so that it shames me into sticking to it grin

How does the Paul MacKenna thing work?

Tortington Thu 18-Aug-11 11:59:43

i lost 4 stone low carbing www.carbfree.wordpress.com this is my blog with recipes

CatPower Thu 18-Aug-11 12:58:58

I could do with losing about six stone - I'm the biggest I've ever been and I feel disgusting.
Custardo, I love your blog, I'm going to give Atkins/lowcarb a try and see how I do.

bellabelly Thu 18-Aug-11 13:15:39

I'll hold your hand! I've been doing the "No S" diet since May (will post a link in a mo). It's SLOW progress - I want to lose a total of about 4 stones and have lost about 9lbs so far - but I am hoping that losing slowly will make it more likely to keep the weight off. Have done loads of crash diets in the past but always put the weight back on (and more besides).

Anyway, someone on another thread mentioned the No S diet and I had a look at the website and started the next day. It's totally free and basically the No S thing is "no snacks, no sweets and no second helpings" plus 14 mins exercise per day (i don't ALWAYS manage it but most days 14 mins is easy enough to fit in). THen Saturdays, Sundays and "Special" days you can break some of the rules if you want to. I thnk that's what I really like about it - you don't feel like you've "failed" if you allow yourself a treat at the weekend. I can definitely see myself sticking to this as a new way of living, rather than just a short-term diet.

Having said that, I did feel a bit fed up last week about slow progress so I (dieting geek alert!!!) filled up a carrier bag with 9lbs worth of kitchen weights, cans of soup etc and it was really heavy to lift - much more than I'd realised! So that's made me feel a bit happier with how much I've lost, rather than just wishing it was more, iyswim. And now I feel a bit more motivated to keep it up. smile

JohnniesBitch Thu 18-Aug-11 13:17:30

im on slimming world, so would like to join in please.

bellabelly Thu 18-Aug-11 13:17:40

Here's a www.nosdiet.com/ if you are interested!

HowToLookGoodGlaikit Thu 18-Aug-11 14:41:49

Paul Mckenna works by training you to only eat when you are hungry and to stop when you are satisfied, and you get to eat what you like. It has worked wonders for me! Outlay is about £5 for the book & CD, maybe cheaper if you get it on ebay. I couldnt possibly calorie count/ban carbs or anythign liek that since I started this. Best of all, no willpower required (I have none grin)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now