Talk

Advanced search

Need motivation, DS now 20 weeks

(5 Posts)
NewChoos Mon 15-Aug-11 12:29:31

So I don't think I can get away with the 'newborn' excuse anymore...

I need to lose 2 stone. I am still ebf so do feel hungry but I make the wrong food choices (chocolate/cake). I have just had a flake crumbled on custard blush
I just don't feel that motivated and my will power seems to be lost somewhere (I think I may have lost it about 5 years ago, if someone finds it please return it!).
I do want to wear nice clothes (am wearing a lot of maxi dresses at the mo)
I want to look nice in christening photos (and other photos) but this still doesn't seem to be enough to spur me on.
Please can you post me tips/advice/motivational/inspirational stories - thanks!

foreverondiet Mon 15-Aug-11 15:06:29

I never thought of it as a newborn excuse more for me like EBF excuse for me, (although newborn excuse for a few months anyway I guess if not breastfeeding) – I too kept on trying whilst EBF but it just didn’t happen, can relate to custard and flake, I was totally starving the whole time just didn’t have the motivation, and before someone mentioned Paul McKenna, I’m not sure if it would have worked as I really was hungry the whole time.

Anyway, have repeated this too many times on this board now (come and join me on MFP thread when you are ready) – but once DS2 was 5.5month old started him on solids and bottles as going back to work. Also started diet. I did continue to BF for another 6 weeks but milk dried up/he lost interest. I was 3 stone above pre-pregnancy weight. I have now lost almost 4 stones (don’t plan to lose last 2 pounds to get to 4 stone as am finally HAPPY for first time in my life about my weight.)

I lost the first 2.5 stone quickly (within 4 months) and at that point although I wanted to loose a bit more I felt much better about myself.

How I did it:
a) Exercise – signed up for a triathlon, went back to gym 3x a week and dijd DVD/wii on non gym days
b) Diet – started off low GI and calorie counting, now doing healthy low(ish) carb, low fat (my version of dukan consolidation) and calorie counting. Am 12 lbs below lightest adult weight (ie I weigh what I weighed at school!)
c) Motivation – used Paul McKenna plus also read diet and nutrition books as extra motivation.
d) Logging – I have logged every day of my diet, initially on tesco diets (a mistake, a) it costs and b) if you don’t continue to pay lose old data) now I use myfitnesspal.

So keep on feeding for as long as you are both happy, and worry about the weight loss afterwards.

NewChoos Mon 15-Aug-11 17:34:04

wow very inspirational. How did you manage to fit in the exercise?
Sorry quick post - need to attend to DS!

PinkSchmoo Mon 15-Aug-11 20:50:52

Book a holiday? DS is 15 weeks, going on a holiday which will involve my flesh being on show in 3 weeks. I have the fear BIG style and will be half a stone lighter by then.

foreverondiet Tue 16-Aug-11 23:28:30

Pinkschmoo holiday didn't work for me, ended up sitting in a pool in a swimming costume for a week at my fattest ever (pretty much size 18) kept on trying to focus on diet before I went but in the end just though well I'm so fat, need to lose 3 stone, 4 weeks isn't really enough time to make a difference. I do now have bikini body though smile.

newchoos I work 3 days a week so on the 2 days I don't work DS2 goes to gym creche and DH looks after DC on sunday morning. Plus I do exercise DVDs (Jillian Michaels) at home in the evening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now