Talk

Advanced search

Skinny as a twig and NOT happy about it!

(9 Posts)
mangobrain Fri 12-Aug-11 18:28:04

There's soooo many threads out there about women who want to shift a few pounds! I wish I could say the same! I'm naturally skinny, having had every test known to doctors as to why I'm so slight. I eat well and my DP is most of the time shocked by the amount I do eat. I actually hate being so slim it really annoys me. I dress well and would love to be able to wear skirts or dresses but can't because I hate my twiggy legs! I have no bum and no boobs....having 2 children did the opposite to me I barely gained weight and I was so hopeful I would. I'm 27 and it looks like I'm going to be stuck in an adolescent boys body for the rest of my life. I'm a size 6/8, 5'7 and weigh just under 7st...not a pretty sight.

Rant over

Anyone else feel my pain?

foreverondiet Fri 12-Aug-11 18:44:55

I am trying to feel your pain, but its hard as I have had to work very hard to lose weight. smile

Why not gain some muscle, just a bit - aim for the Jillian Michaels look (in shred) rather than anything too extreme. My legs are toned / have shape but they are solid (mainly muscle).

I'm 5 4 and weigh 8.5 stone and am a size 8. I lift (quite heavy) weights in the gym 3x a week and do JM DVDs on the other days (plus running but that would have the opposite effect for you).

Also what do you eat in a typical day? What and quantities?

mangobrain Fri 12-Aug-11 18:50:32

Foreverondiet -

I'm actually pretty active and do try to walk to places instead of car/public transport. I do yoga so my muscles are getting there but believe me there's hardly any there! I eat a lot of chicken/lamb and fish. Usually with pasta/rice/potatoes and of course veg. I've not always been so healthy and whilst I was at uni I would eat the usual crappy foods and still I stayed slim! Basically I could eat what I want but I hate that fact! Why do you want to lose weight? You sound like the perfect size and weight? hmm

mangobrain Fri 12-Aug-11 18:51:42

Oh and just to add I try to eat 6 times a day as the doctor thought that would help but it hasn't I normally manage 5

foreverondiet Sat 13-Aug-11 23:08:51

Yes, I am now perfect weight! Have just lost nearly 4 stone! Don't want to lose more, want to be stronger, a bit more muscle, want 6 pack!

Walking and yoga not enough to build muscle though, need to lift weights and even then hard for woman to build muscle. Just thought it might help you put on weight since you seem to have v fast metabolism.

FoundWanting Mon 15-Aug-11 13:07:26

mango a good friend has the same problem. She struggles to keep up to a size 6 at times, and has been known to wear thick tights under jeans so that her legs don't look so thin. Like you, her doctor advised her to eat 6 times a day and recommended a body-building shake for times when she just couldn't fit in all those meals.

She's on holiday at the mo', but I can ask her what she uses if you like.

Chestnutx3 Tue 16-Aug-11 21:47:07

Don't worry when you get to 40 the weight will pile on! Honest I could have written the same at your age, now I have hit 40 I am having to diet although my BMI is in the normal range. The weight slowly starting creeping on at 30 so not long to wait.

jellybeans208 Sat 20-Aug-11 17:41:25

I doubt you will start putting weight on at 30 if you are that build. Same as me and all my family right up to relations in their late 90s.

If you are that build you will find it a struggle. I am 5 foot 3 and managed to get from 6 stone 11 to 7 stone 5 and am very happy with my weight now but it is was very hard and I had to get pregnant to help me put on a couple of pounds and actively try and eat between meals. Try eating snacks between meals like toast. Its constant thinking about it in order to keep the weight on and I think its something that will have to be in the forefront of your mind for the rest of your life. You can do it though

cheesesarnie Sat 20-Aug-11 17:45:47

myself and my family are all the same.my youngest sister recently went up a dress size by doing pilates and doing weights.i love it as i got all her old clothes!
id just like to look healthy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now