Talk

Advanced search

Roll up roll up for the BFP diet!

(19 Posts)
musttidyupmusttidyup Mon 08-Aug-11 09:50:14

Since my DS1 told me I look like a BigFatPanda KungFuPanda I have decided it's time to step on the scales, admit I am now weighing the same as I did 7 months ago (when I was 8 months preg with DD) stop making BF excuses and shift my arse and lose some weight.
This is what I'm doing:
* Stop eating crap
* Don't snack in the evening / eat in private
* Walk more and try do 3 workouts / week
* Record everything that passes my lips and keep to 1600 cals a day (to start with, amd am still BF) Have a great IPhone app for this

5ft 3
I weigh 12 stone 10
I want to lose 2 stone (for now...)

Buddies please.....

musttidyupmusttidyup Mon 08-Aug-11 19:46:19

Come oooooooooon (shameless bump)

Greenrabbit Mon 08-Aug-11 19:52:29

I'll join you. I've been making the BF and CS excuse for too long. I look very Panda like! I've decided to:

1. Stop snacking on rubbish
2. Cut out the wine
3. Go out for more long walks
4. Start using the Wii fit and the new exercise DVD I bought last week.

5ft 4
13stone 4
Would like to be 11 stone by March (back to work then)

musttidyupmusttidyup Mon 08-Aug-11 20:55:25

Hooray Greenrabbit It's great to have a friend! Hadnt thought about the whole work thing - I go back in Jan and def need to shake off a good few pounds by then. I bough DVD too - what did you get?

Greenrabbit Mon 08-Aug-11 22:55:44

It's called Postnatal rescue with Erin O'Brien (who ever she is?). It has good reviews on amazon. I'm hoping to fit that in and a walk tomorrow. hmm
I have a vast collection of exercise DVDs but most are too terrifying to contemplate at the moment.

The house also needs a tidy before my friend comes round. Hopefully there won't be time to eat too much in between all of that.

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 09-Aug-11 08:48:08

I had a good day yesterday and kept to my 1600 Inc a small glass of red (a necessity). How olds your dc? DD has slept through the night twice this week (finally) hence the renewed energy and acceptance of fitness regime!smile

Greenrabbit Tue 09-Aug-11 10:20:26

Well done! Which app are you using? I might try to do that too.
DD is 13 weeks, she's a good sleeper. I'm just lazy I suppose, I've never liked exercise much and I love food.blush.
How old are your DC?
I'm going to dust my trainers off and go for that walk now.

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 09-Aug-11 11:36:13

My fitness pal is app. It's fantastic. Esp now can scan barcode to get nutritional info! Ds1 is 4 ds2 is 2 and dd is 5 months.

Greenrabbit Tue 09-Aug-11 21:30:40

I've downloaded it, but I think I'll just stick to the principles of slimming world for now. Went for my walk and did about 2 miles, didn't do the DVD. Haven't ate any crap today, but have had a glass of wine. Drinking tea now and trying not to think about the Hula Hoops in the cupboard.

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 09-Aug-11 21:32:41

Slimming def way harder now got dc's - before I just didn't keep any crap in the house now there's temptation everywhere. plus I used to smoke like a chimney

Huffpot Tue 09-Aug-11 21:41:21

My fitness pal app is fab!

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 09-Aug-11 21:53:53

Isn't it?! Used it before conceived dc3 and lost 1.5 stone. Started again test Amd am love love loving the new barcode scan function.... Took but a moment to scan in -- this delicious red wine-- all the healthy foods I ate today. grin

musttidyupmusttidyup Tue 09-Aug-11 21:54:29

Damn! this delicious red wine wink

Huffpot Wed 10-Aug-11 09:09:59

I lost last weight with it but was slightly naughty this last week and have gained but have still been tracking

My name on there is Huffpot smile

musttidyupmusttidyup Wed 10-Aug-11 19:08:50

I don't have any mfp friends huffpot will you be my first? smile
2 more good days. SIL says I shouldn't be 'denying myself calories' cos I'm BF but I'm having 1700 a day - reckon that's ok?

musttidyupmusttidyup Thu 11-Aug-11 09:55:32

Feeling grotty this morning not sure if its because i was up with baby in night but I suspect it's too few calories so I've had a rethink....
Apparently a deficit of 3500 calories = 1lb weight loss so to lose 1lb a week need to eat 500 too few calories....
2000 (RDA) + 400 (breasfeeding -2 small solid feeds) = 1400
-500 = 1900 a day. Does that seem reasonable? Am def feeling a bit lighheaded on 1700. Thoughts?

musttidyupmusttidyup Thu 11-Aug-11 09:56:02

2400 not 1400

Greenrabbit Thu 11-Aug-11 17:38:01

Definitely eat more! Remember you'll be using calories up with all the running around after the DC. I would try 1900, then if you feel you aren't losing you could cut back to 1800. I was looking at the Kellymom website yesterday and i'm sure it said you should eat 1800 for a loss of 1.5lb per week. You need to be kind to yourself.
I was also looking on the Boots website and it had a list of foods that breastfeeding mams should eat. Easier said than done, but I'm going to try my best to eat more of them instead of chocolate, crisps and yummy cheese
www.webmd.boots.com/children/breast-feeding-diet
I had an okay day yesterday. No specific exercise, ate reasonably healthily until dinner when I had some garlic bread and winewink
Today I have been a good girl. Did my DVD (gentle toning, no jumping around), then I went on my treadmill which I'd forgot about and had to wash first for 30min. I've even stuck to the diet and made soup. Hope the virtue lasts till bedtime.

musttidyupmusttidyup Thu 11-Aug-11 20:30:27

You're doing well with the exercise - I just can't be arsed once the kids have finally gone to bed. Thinking of getting a pedometer and aiming for 10 000 steps a day. Thanks for link re foods - looks good. Would hate to think my milk was suffering so gonna be careful. Def gonna try the 1900 cals.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now