Talk

Advanced search

Best diet to shift those last few stubborn pounds??

(8 Posts)
catinboots Thu 04-Aug-11 14:31:11

I'm getting married in 4 weeks and have a very stubborn 9lbs that I cannot shift.

I started at 12st after DS2 and have managed to get to 10st 2lb over the last year by a variety of WW, SW, low-carbing and more recently, Dukan. (I get bored of diets very easily!)

I know the chance of losing 9lb in 4 weeks is slim, but I'm sure I must be able to shift some of it, even a pound a week would be great. I plataued (sp?) about a month ago and switched to Dukan.This has led me to a 3lb off, 2lb on, 1lb off, 3lb on situation! Very frustrating. I've since read that it is predominatley a diet for people who need to shift a large amount of weight.

I finished work for the summer last week so have increased my exercise sessions from twice a week to four times a week.

Any imput/advice appreciated smile

sweetheart Thu 04-Aug-11 14:33:09

Depending on your size you could try doing cambridge diet or lighterlife for a couple of weeks - you would only need to do it for 2-3 weeks to shift 9Ibs easily.

CherryDrops Thu 04-Aug-11 14:38:31

Calorie count with higher protein/lower carb/lower fat. For example, you could follow the Dukan diet but not exceed a certain number of calories a day (e.g. 1200). This makes sure that you don't overeat the 'allowed' foods and the lower carb aspect should help shift lbs slightly faster than straight calorie counting.

foreverondiet Thu 04-Aug-11 15:07:19

I agree last 10lbs very difficult.

IMO the best approach would be to:
a) do exercise every day, ie shred, and perhaps a longer session 2-3 times a week
b) as Cherry said - go with low carb, low fat eating but eat lots of vegetables, and probably not as much dairy as dukan - something like: link - you don't need to actually buy the book though! basically low fat, low carb, calorie controlled, lots of veggies. If you do want meal plans the book would help.

[shuffles upstairs to get book... thinks omelette for breakfast, grilled chicken breast and salad or similar for lunch and dinner (recipies are all 100g protein) - there is a 14 day plan. 2 snacks a day, but they are tiny - like handful nuts, or 50g turkey. No fruit, and he doesn't like dairy] Ok maybe that a bit extreme..... but you would loose.

How about dukan PV days, BUT limit on dairy (say 300g?) and restrict to 1200 calories?

I don't think lighterlife / cambridge a good idea at your current weight.

If you want to see what I eat (if that would help?) then send me a message and you can befriend me on MFP.

catinboots Fri 05-Aug-11 00:00:43

Hi. That sounds great. So basically low lean protein and veggies, minimal dairy. TBH i lost the modt weight when i was living on chicken and salad.

Can't seem to PM you. My user name on MFP is allybongo1980.

foreverondiet Fri 05-Aug-11 07:20:33

Hi, have added you as friend on MFP.

ALso another thought is to cut out aspartame because for some people it can lead to retained weight. Caffeine ok in moderation but if you have having more than a couple of coffees a day need to think about that.

I do have dairy, but maybe only 300g a day rather than the 600g dukan allows. I have added in moderate carbs eg fruit, pulses, occasional burgen bread, brown rice as I don't really want to lose more.

catinboots Fri 05-Aug-11 08:43:02

How can I view what people are eating on MFP?

foreverondiet Fri 05-Aug-11 13:26:18

If they have made their diaries public then you can look.

In your news feed it should say: "x completed her food and exercise diary for 08/05/2011 and was under her calorie goal. View diary." Click on the view diary to see.

Or click on their name and if their diary is public (mine is public to all MFP friends) then you can look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now