Talk

Advanced search

2 questions for Dukan dieters

(3 Posts)
Mandy21 Wed 03-Aug-11 12:39:36

I'm on Day 4 of the attack phase and am doing OK (she says!). I'm getting a bit sick and tired of chicken, salmon and ham, and slightly worried that eating 2 eggs a day is a bit OTT. However, I'm going with it and keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm planning to do 5 days on attack (have approx 16/17 pounds to lose but wanted a good initial result) and am really looking forward to a few veggies! I have 2 questions :

It says you're allowed non-fat dairy products - so far I've only had 0% fat yoghurt and skimmed milked in tea and coffee. It talks about Quark - which I've looked up on the Sainsburys website and its 0.5% fat. What does it taste like, is it like a philadelphia kind of taste? Sainsburys also do a soft cheese which is 4% fat - would this be allowed?

Also, on one internet site, it says I can have fruit teas, on the mydukandiet website, it doesn't mention them. I'm guessing not?

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

foreverondiet Wed 03-Aug-11 15:07:56

Quark - yes like philadelphia but not as nice and creamy. Quite solid though - I like it mixed with fat free fromage frais (quark too solid, fromage frais too runny!)

re: 4% cheese, probably not allowed but I think this depends on how much other fat you eat - if you eat red meat (even lean cuts 10%) and lots of salmon & smoked salmon then you are probably getting enough fat already, if you mainly eat white fish and chicken / turkey breast then a little fat in the cheese is nothing to worry about.

Fruit tea - amount of carbs would be minimal so I would think ok.

Mandy21 Thu 04-Aug-11 08:44:36

Thank you! Fruit tea - whoop whoop! Amazing what I'm looking forward to!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now