Talk

Advanced search

Diet has been deliberately sabotaged and now I feel like shit

(18 Posts)
INeverWantedTheStars Sun 31-Jul-11 19:48:49

I started low carbing a week ago and went from 10st 9lb to 10st 6lbs as of yesterday morning. I cooked myself a low carb brekkie and intended to have a good weekend. DP then came in with a "lamb" (more like diced potato) pastie. He KNOWS I'm on a low carb diet and I said I couldn't eat it. He then whinged and moaned until I eventually gave in and ate it. Then yesterday evening he whinged and moaned because he wanted to go to a chinese. He also bought me a bottle of full sugar coke and a galaxy bar and I just gave up by this point and ate/drank it.

This morning, great intentions again, cooked a low carb brekkie (since I'm now well out of ketosis) and he comes in at 11am with a big sausage roll. I said "I can't eat that" so again I get the sulking, moaning etc etc so I eat it and said "look, you're really not helping my diet" and he gets all stroppy and said I shouldn't be dieting anyway. He then produces a bit chocolate icecream and says "but you HAVE to eat it, it will melt and I can't eat two! don't waste it" etc etc so I eat it. I've just stood on the scales and I'm 10st 9lbs. EXACTLY WHERE I WAS WHEN I STARTED DIETING.

I'm so pissed off sad just wanted a moan.

(btw, he's pissed off because he can't stick to a diet so takes great delight in sabotaging mine).

HumphreyCobbler Sun 31-Jul-11 19:51:54

you really have to stop letting him. Don't eat the stuff and refuse to engage.

Nagini Sun 31-Jul-11 19:55:16

I'm sorry he's being a twat. sad

He can't make you eat it though. You'll have to call him out on being a twat sad sad

Dawnybabe Sun 31-Jul-11 19:56:02

Do you always let him control you with childish mind games? Are you not capable of telling him to fuck off and respect your life a bit more? If my dh did that I would ask him with genuine incredulity what his problem was and then tell him to fuck off. Problem sorted.

giraffesCantZumba Sun 31-Jul-11 19:57:58

Men that do that sulky thing are twats. Tell him not to buy you food without checking with you frst. Make this clear. If he then continues he has no excuse to sulk, you have told him already.

RedAmberGreen Sun 31-Jul-11 19:59:08

You need to take whatever he has bought you and put it in the bin, keep doing this and he will soon stop wasting his money smile

INeverWantedTheStars Sun 31-Jul-11 20:01:26

It's hard enough mustering up the will-power to stick to a strict diet in the first place though without being put on a guilt trip everytime you turn down the foods that you secretly love. I'm just so gutted all the weight has gone back on. Start from scratch again tomorow sad

defineme Sun 31-Jul-11 20:01:49

It's not because he's a man, it's because he's an immature prat. I'm assuming he has good points?

Buy all your food, tell him if he buys you anything he'll have to eat it or it's going in the bin and anymore of his crap you'll be telling him to fuck off.

Don't be a doormat.

create Sun 31-Jul-11 20:05:21

Is it possible that he's right and you don't need to diet, if you're only 10st9? He could be worried about you? That's exactly what I weigh blush am size 10-12 and have never considered dieting (although I am an exercise freak)

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 31-Jul-11 20:05:23

Nobody can force you to eat anything, it's you who's letting him persuade you.

You have the final say over what happens to your body, not anybody else!

If you're sabotaging yourself then you need to address why that is.

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sun 31-Jul-11 20:08:28

P.S just re-read your op. What the f are you doing eating sausage rolls and ice cream at 11am? That is seriously unbalanced eating behaviour, I'm not surprised you're struggling if that's what you usually eat as a couple.

ledkr Sun 31-Jul-11 20:10:00

bit of a strange bloke? is he insecure and scared if you improve your appearance other men will want you? This would make me more determined to carry on with the diet.

cjbartlett Sun 31-Jul-11 20:13:23

Sounds to me like he's got a really unhealthy attitude to food, addicted to junk a bit like me blush

Lady1nTheRadiator Sun 31-Jul-11 20:25:44

Does he always tell you what to do, and do you always do as you're told? Have you got a weight problem or a relationship problem?

Sidge Sun 31-Jul-11 20:31:00

You can say no, you know.

If you have so little willpower you just HAVE to eat sausage rolls and ice cream a couple of hours after breakfast then you need to rethink how you plan to adopt a healthier diet.

Yes, he could be more supportive, but then you need to follow through on your determination to follow a restrictive diet.

Lady1nTheRadiator Sun 31-Jul-11 20:38:45

Just read your other thread. He's a loser.

foreverondiet Sun 31-Jul-11 20:41:30

Don't let him sabotage anymore.

1. I agree, not normal to eat sausage roll right after breakfast.
2. If my DH behaved like that we'd have a huge argument, he is being controlling - do you want to be with someone controlling in that way.
3. Take the food, say thank you, and put it in the fridge or freezer for "later". Then bin it later... Coke and galaxy keep... even the ice cream can go in the freezer. I would say better to waste than my waist.

But it does seem that he doesn't want you to diet and I think you need to get to the bottom of this.

catinboots Tue 02-Aug-11 15:04:33

Is it possible he's a feeder?. It is a form of abuse/control.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now