Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to lose weight without exercising?

(12 Posts)
Kayzr Thu 28-Jul-11 07:46:23

I need to lose about 2 stone but I can't exercise at the minute due to problems with my knees. I am going to try and get swimming soon as I think I'll be able to do that without any pain.

Is it possible to lose a large amount of weight without exercising? As soon as the doctor says I can exercise again I will be back at the gym.

I have just started to do weight watchers so I am hoping that helps.

Thank you.

baguettecut Thu 28-Jul-11 07:58:14

I lost two stone doing Erica White's Candida diet but it excludes a he'll of a lot. No exercise & a bit of stress did yhe job for me! Now I'm exercising and just eating healthily after giving WW a go and promptly ditching it. 8lbs lost so far. Yes, it can be done but it's a slog.

baguettecut Thu 28-Jul-11 07:58:55

Hell! Bloody iPhone!

TheBolter Thu 28-Jul-11 08:01:16

Yes of course - but you must be prepared for a slow down in your metabolism that would otherwise be kept up by regular exercise, subsequent easier weight gain once you start eating again, and slower weight loss.

However you don't have to worry about weight gain brought on by increased muscle mass.

Can you walk briskly? I find simple walking to be excellent exercise.

SilveryMoon Thu 28-Jul-11 08:02:22

Paul McKenna's good.
He doesn't bang on about exercise, as long as you are not laying down all day, your body is exercising.
Just eat when you are hungry, eat slowly, stop when you are satisfied and eat what you WANT.
I love Paul Mckenna's thin plan, should really get back to it........

Kayzr Thu 28-Jul-11 08:10:45

I can hardly walk slowly at the minute let alone briskly. I can't do anything that involves much bending of my knees.

I've had a go at that Paul McKenna thing before and it didn't make any difference. I eat really slowly anyway and stop when I've had enough. Might give it another go though.

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Jul-11 08:27:29

Yes SilveryMoon where are you? I'd second what she says. See you back on the thread?Kayzr BUT when i was 40 I lost loads of weight after giving up ONE cup of (freshly ground) coffee a day! I didn't do more than the normal amount of exercise. It is weird 'cos i will still have a cup of coffee every other week or so and then it speeds up my metabolism!!

Kayzr Thu 28-Jul-11 08:31:37

I've just posted on the Paul McKenna thread. I've got the app on my iphone but I haven't actually looked at it yet. Do results come quite quickly? I'd like to lose 2lb a week really to see it going.

SilveryMoon Thu 28-Jul-11 08:35:39

Hi PPeatfruit I have been AWOL for a long time, I keep meaning to get back to you all but I end up scoffing a pack of biscuits instead!
I will be back though.
i start work again in september, so that will cut down on the snacking itself

Coconutmummy Thu 28-Jul-11 08:40:25

Absolutely, I lost 80kgs and I hate sweating. It was all through cutting down . It's easier to run now I dont have the excess weight to carry

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Jul-11 08:57:19

Kayzr the results do come quickly but it's a complete life change and you DO have to concentrate quite hard on it (the chew 20 times or so rule is VERY effective) IMO SOO much better than diet foods and calorie counting and other stuff because you can go and off with no trouble or expense!!

Kayzr and Silvery We are very friendly and supportive on our thread!! come and join us!!!

JazzieJeff Thu 28-Jul-11 09:00:51

I'm two weeks into a veggie diet (normally a hardcore carnivore!) and have lost 5lbs of the 20lbs i want to lose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now