Talk

Advanced search

Best weight loss plan for BF vegetarian?

(7 Posts)
Loobyloo1902 Wed 27-Jul-11 16:42:08

I've never tried slimming world, weight watchers or any of the others but with three stone of cake post baby weight to lose I ought to give it a whirl.

Can anyone recommend a plan that will take into consideration a vege diet and I'm still breast feeding? If it's a plan that lets me eat unlimited chocolate as well, that would be a bonus but I'm not holding my breathwink

Cheers

foreverondiet Wed 27-Jul-11 16:46:29

South beach diet. Great for veggies. No chocolate though.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Jul-11 18:04:41

Have you read our Paul Mckenna thread? we are not speaking with forked tongues; there's no weird diet foods, or calorie counting or expensive humiliating meetings, I've lost 2 stone and you can eat WHAT YOU WANT!!! It re- educates your attitude to food and it works!!!! see you there??

foreverondiet Wed 27-Jul-11 18:49:55

ppeatfruit I wonder if it would work when breastfeeding - I was constantly starving when I was (pregnant and) BFing, and fancied eating magnums.... I put on a stone in 6 months. I really did try to focus on only eating when hungry. As soon as I stopped feeding the excess hunger disappeared and dieting was easy.

I do use it (PM) now though from time to time, and I agree it re-educates your attitude to food. But I was overweight after pregnancy and breastfeeding but not before I got pregnant, so don't think my attitude to food was so bad. Honestly I'd eat a decent dinner, and a bedtime snack and still wake up in the night so hungry I couldn't sleep (both when pregnant and when breastfeeding). I ended up 3 stone heavier at end of BFing than I was when I got pregnant.

Mentile Sat 30-Jul-11 11:04:28

I'm a Bf veggie and have lost 1.5 stone in 6 weeks on my own version of the Atkins. Hasn't affected bf at all. Part of the problem for me was that as a veggie carbs formed about 99% of my diet grin I still eat lots of chocolate but gradually ate darker and darker versions and now enjoy 90% cocoa solids - the lindt version has only 14g carbs in 100g so I figure I can eat 2 bars a day wink
General consensus was that 30g carbs is what veggies should aim for, and 10g in top of that if BF.

LadyGrace Thu 04-Aug-11 08:34:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Madreamer Thu 04-Aug-11 08:44:13

I'm bf veggie as well and find that bfing past 12 months does the trick. I lost 2 sizes in last 3 months of bf. DS is 16 months. I'm not much of a chocolate or processed food eater though! Hths

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now