Talk

Advanced search

weight loss rewards/ incentives

(6 Posts)
carat Tue 26-Jul-11 17:09:45

for every 5kgs I lose, hubby has promised me some BIG rewards (no expense spared). My wardrobe is full of size 10s. I've spent three years having two children and I'm fed up of being fat!

I'm going from 90kgs to 60kgs, so I need you to give me some ideas.

90 - start weight
85 - Mac computer (more of a necessity than reward)
80 - tooth whitening

I don't wear jewellery and can't stand health spas! I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

Thanks!

handbagsandshoes Tue 26-Jul-11 20:15:07

chef at home for an evening?
bicycle?
sewing machine?
ipad?
a baking/italian/something you like course?
trip to somewhere hot?
personal trainer?

foreverondiet Tue 26-Jul-11 21:58:07

What a generous DH!

Handbag - all good ideas - I got a homedics me (hair removal system) as a treat - although I bought it for myself (I went from 78kg to 55kg.) - have used it twice and can already see difference. Also lots of size 8 clothes - as I am a stone under my pre-pregnancy weight!

Other ideas:
Heart rate monitor
Nice underwear
New shoes
Handbag
Wii
i phone / i pod touch
Any kitchen appliances you fancy?

Saracen Wed 27-Jul-11 05:44:25

Ooo what a lovely dh!

Do you want anything done to your hair?

Have you ever been tempted by Colour Me Beautiful? http://www.colourmebeautiful.co.uk/colouranalysis/

Is there anything you want/need your dh to do which he's been procrastinating on? I'd get mine to sort out his fishing gear which is filling the corner of the conservatory, or sort through his old suits and get rid of the ones that don't fit and are dominating our wardrobe, or fix the collapsing kitchen cupboard. Or do his tax return, because I hate having to help him with it on 30th January when he could've done it months earlier!

carat Wed 27-Jul-11 22:34:20

iphone and sewing machine are great suggestions.

will have a look at colour me beautiful.

I'm a v low maintenence person, no nails and hair don't appeal.

anything else?

foreverondiet Thu 28-Jul-11 09:54:33

TBH the things that I want now I wouldn't have been able to predict at the start of my weight loss. How are you planning to lose and how long do you anticipate it will take?

eg: I want a GPS watch with HRM - to monitor my outdoor running and calories consumed in the gym etc. I am doing a duathlon and a triathlon in September... I also would quite like a bicycle as I have borrowed one and will have to give it back at some point. I would never have guessed I wanted either of these at the outset.

The hair removal thing was more relevant when training for a triathlon and wearing a swimming costume 3 x a week.

I have gym membership, but if money was no object I'd definately also have weekly personal training sessions.

Have bought little treats along the way new gym clothes, new clothes (pre-pregnancy clothes are now a) old and b) too big). I also had to buy a wetsuit for the triathlon.

BTW I have the colour me beautiful analysis (well similar) as had it done at work ages ago. Good for those who want to buy new clothes but not really sure what colours work well.

Why not pencil in the first few, the others will come to you later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now