Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have these SW recipes please?

(4 Posts)
Dazmum Thu 21-Jul-11 17:53:30

I had two recipes which I used a lot and were torn from a SW magazine and one of the calendars, and they are lost. I can only remember some of the ingredients and a bit of what to do confused. I asked the consultant, and she said anything that's been in the magazine is in the books, but neither of these are! I even emailed head office but they were mean and said they couldn't send, fax or email recipes. They couldn't even tell me if they were in any books. So I hope that there are some Mumsnetters that have them, otherwise I'll have to guess and it will all end badly.

They are butternut squash with sage, tagliatelle and parmesan ( calendar) and squash and spinach curry. Sounds disgusting, but really nice and 0 or minimal syns on a green day, I think.

Dazmum Fri 22-Jul-11 09:07:37

bump

notso Fri 22-Jul-11 09:20:01

Sweet potato and spinach curry not squash though.

Ingredients
300 ml pint vegetable stock
750g sweet potatoes peels and cut into bite sized wedges
1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
225g fresh baby spinach leaves
2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
1 tbsp medium or hot curry powder
4 ripe plum tomatos chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method
Place the stock in a large saucepan and add the sweet potatoes and onions. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and gently cook for 4-5 minutes.

Add the spinach, garlic, chilli, curry powder and tomatoes to the saucepan, stir well and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the spinach has just wilted and the sweet potatoes are tender. Season well and serve.

Dazmum Fri 22-Jul-11 16:43:43

That sounds very similar notso, thankyou, think I used to use a combination of squash and sweet potato in it and a tin of tomatoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now