Talk

Advanced search

Another Dukan thread. My first 'attack' day Wed. July 20th.

(194 Posts)
Bloodymary Wed 20-Jul-11 14:26:32

Hi all. I know there are several other Dukan threads out there, but I wondered if anyone else is starting this week due to Daily Mail media coverage.
Anyone else on the attack phase???

dottyaboutstripes Wed 20-Jul-11 17:28:09

I did an attack day yesterday (apart from one v small new potato - didn't want my kids to think I was eating too weirdly iykwim!) and have done again today though am wavering a little. Apparently I should only do 2 days of attack...am wanting to lose approx half a stone.

Haven't found it too bad (did it last year for a few days as well) but ate cottage cheese at lunch time which was rank, I hadn't eaten it for years and I soon remembered why

ninjanurse Wed 20-Jul-11 18:31:41

Hello all..may I join you?

I have started Dukan today too, so pleased too find some fellow mumsnetters to share the experience with!!! Has gone well today, havent felt hungry at all, although my oatbran porridge for brekkie was vile, might need to find some new ways to eat the oatbran!!

Need to lose about 4 stone (sob), the dukan website said I needed to do 6 days of attack so hopefully the next five days will be as smooth as today.....

Bloodymary Wed 20-Jul-11 18:43:16

I need to do 4 days of attack as I need to lose 2.5 stone blush
I do not feel so bad today (first day and all that), tho I cannot imagine I will be saying that on Saturday pm; as I will be really missing my wine!!!

Bloodymary Wed 20-Jul-11 18:48:42

Hi ninjanurse, glad to find 2 others who have started today.
As I said above still feeling Ok today, am about to eat steak and prawns for dinner.

I mixed my oatbran with fat free yogurt and it was just edible!

ninjanurse Wed 20-Jul-11 19:33:56

I had an omelette and turkey slices for dinner, which was quite nice, might try making the galette thing tomorrow. Also need to go out for some artificial sweetner! Heres to some good losses in the Attack phase!!

gailforce1 Wed 20-Jul-11 20:10:09

Good Luck to all of you but can I just ask why you chose Durkan over, say, WW or SW?

Have you been out to buy the book or did you get enough info from the Daily Mail?

Just wondering if this might be for me so will be interested in your progress!

BuckBuckMcFate Wed 20-Jul-11 20:24:25

Hi I'm on day 4

I haven't read the book or got the dm cards. I've just read about it online, there's loads of sites about it.

I don't know what I weigh, no scales but I'm 5'8", had dc4 8 months ago and I'm wearing size 14-16 clothes whereas pre baby I was a baggy 12.

I have measured my bust, waist and hips and have lost 2 inches from my bust, 1 from my waist and 2.5 from my hips since Sunday.

I'm finding the bran revolting!! I too need some splenda or something.

I've been having omelettes, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, natural yohuurts, boiled egg, steak, lots and lots of coffee, diet coke and water. No sugar in tea and coffee for the 1st time in my life and surprised how easy that is.

The only thing I am craving is chocolate!!!!

I'm planning on doing 5 days of PP and can't wait to eat something green on Friday grin

Bloodymary Wed 20-Jul-11 20:45:14

Hmm, omelette and turkey slices sounds good, and I might try the galette tomorrow.

gailforce1, I thought I would try Dukan simply as it has had so much positive press recently (the Middletons etc)! And you do not really need the DM, as BuckBuck said there is so much info online.

Oh well, lets see how I/we go tomorrow!

ninjanurse Wed 20-Jul-11 20:49:08

Gailforce - I know a couple of friends who have done dukan and done really well on it. One of them lent me the book last week, so I read it carefully before deciding to do it. I havent read the Daily Mail stuff at all.

I am a serial yo yo dieter, I also put on weight really easily if I dont watch what I eat carefully. Ive tried slimming world years ago and found it really hard, have done weight watchers before (several times in fact and always lost successfully) but I think for me, having certain foods totally banned removes any temptation at all for me. Plus you dont have to pay out for weekly weigh ins, or weigh anything or work points out.

Just thought Id give it a whirl really and see what happens, seeing as so many have had success with it. I really like the consolidation rules as well (when you start to reintroduce foods).

gailforce1 Wed 20-Jul-11 21:47:26

Thanks all, I will be following your progress and may well join you!

Piffle Thu 21-Jul-11 08:33:15

I started yesterday too
2.4 lbs gone in 24 hrs
I want to lose about 6 kgs at least
Im metric mostly
What are y'all eating
I'm just having scrambled egg and smoked salmon

Snuppeline Thu 21-Jul-11 08:38:29

May I join you all please? I too was inspired by the DM offer of free Dukan dieting cards. I read an interview with Dukan earlier in the year and was impressed by his approach to dieting. He seems to have considered both the research and the psychological aspects to weight gain/loss in his diet and I like the clear guidelines.

I have scheduled my start for Monday 25th of July as I've got a deadline then and can free my mind up to this after. I just got the Dukan Diet book yesterday and it had me in fits of laughter at the un-pc language this doctor uses, I mean he literally say "fat person" on page ca 10!! shock I'm sure its just the translation that has gone awry a little but apart from the lingo he seems to know his stuff.

I did the true weight test online and found that I need to loose 3.5 stone which is a lot indeed! I think I have 5 days of Attack to contend with.

Sounds like your all doing great! I'll be keeping an eye on this thread before and tell you all how my first day on Monday goes. smile

gailforce1 Thu 21-Jul-11 18:11:20

Snuppeline Please could you tell me what thr "true weight test" isand where I find it?

I recently tried the BMI score on the NHS site and probably need to lose 3 stone but actually think that might be too much so would be interested to have a comparison.

ninjanurse Thu 21-Jul-11 18:44:21

Evening all!

Gail force - the true weight test is online on the uk dukan site.

Today has been ok, no headaches or side effects as of yet. Had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for brekkie, cold meats and a yogurt for lunch and salmon and prawn soup for dinner.

Also made a sweet galette with artificial sweetner and some vanilla essence, and it was quite nice, although they do take a while to cook. An improvement on the porridge anyway.

How is everyone else getting on? Anyone tempted to sneak a peek at the scales tomorrow morning???

MrsGerardButler Thu 21-Jul-11 18:53:52

Hi can I join in?

I did the true test this morning and it has suggested that I lose 2 stone 3 lbs shock. I don't have the book so can anyone suggest sites where I can get some guidance and recipes?

ninjanurse Thu 21-Jul-11 18:58:01

Hi MrsGerard

Try mydukandiet.com/ or www.minimins.com/dukan-diet/

MrsGerardButler Thu 21-Jul-11 19:30:48

Thanks NN, I've never come across either of these sites before so I'll have a nosey round.

Bloodymary Thu 21-Jul-11 20:20:56

Hi all, well my first weigh in this morning and I had lost 2lb. not bad for 24 hrs!

Piffle today I had ......... Breakfast 2 boiled eggs.
Lunch...... can of tuna with cottage cheese + chives.
Mid afternoon......0% fat yogurt with the oat bran. I added a pich of sweetner to it today. Slightly tastier than yesterday.
Dinner.....smoked salmon followed by steak.

I am not at all hungry but I could do with some dark chocolate, and/or a wine

BuckBuckMcFate Thu 21-Jul-11 22:28:05

Hi everyone, how's it going?

I still haven't got any scales but did manage to get into 3 pairs of jeans that I haven't been able to for over a year! Still a little tight so won't be wearing them just yet but a great boost in knowing that things are going in the right direction.

I've been using mydukandiet site too. I think it explains the basic principles of it really well.

DC4 is unwell, very clingy and I only managed 3 hours sleep last night and 1st day of the summer holidays too so it's been a tough day. I managed to cook a chicken breast and that was all I ate all day-not good. But did resist the penguins and kit kats in the middle of the night and I'm pleased I didn't turn to chocolate when I was exhausted.

So I decided that as I was nearly at the end of day 5 that I would have some salad with boiled egg and tuna for my tea. And it was the best thing I've eaten in ages! It's been very strange not to have veg and salad.

I'm going to do a veg and protein day tomorrow and than alternate between protein only and v and p.

I'm really pleased I very nearly made it through the 5 days and I'm feeling positive about doing it on a longer term now that I can have veg again.

Keep up the good work everyone! smile

Bloodymary Fri 22-Jul-11 09:44:22

Buck Well done you. I am just starting day 3 of attack and am already dreaming of salad and courgettes and mushrooms....I could go on!

My little girl (5) breaks up today, so yes, looking at her treats will be hard. Especially the fruit, she adores her fruit and I always have at least 4 or 5 types in the bowl plus berries in the fridge, and I CONNOT TOUCH THEM sad.

Bloodymary Fri 22-Jul-11 21:00:37

Me again, I was doing so well on day 3 of attack......and then we had the after school year barbie / disco!!!
I only had the sausage out of my hot-dog, (good local sausage), but then I got chatting at the bar, and I ended up having 2 margaritas.

Maybe I can do an extra day of attack to redeem myself << ever hopeful >>

ninjanurse Fri 22-Jul-11 21:02:38

Hello folks, have done well today, sweet galette for brekkie, cold meats for lunch and meatballs and salmon for dinner hmm Went on a bike ride with Ds, so thats my exercise. Havent felt hungry at all, which is good. Although Im getting paranoid that Im getting smelly breath!! Another 3 days of attack, gotta say Im quite looking forward to some veggies!

ggirl Sat 23-Jul-11 11:31:54

hi i am starting today!!
have to confess i had a protein drink this am for brekkie as I need to go shopping for protein stuff

what yoghurts is everyone having?
have bought muller light but not sure they are allowed

also when you get your true weight on the dukan site do you have to pay for it?

ninjanurse Sat 23-Jul-11 12:14:26

Hi ggirl

I am eating activia fat free and 0% fat natural yogurt sweetened with a bit of splenda, you can eat muller lights but they recommend the toffee and vanilla ones - only 1 fruit yogurt a day is allowed.

The dukan site will show you your true weight and how many days for attack and cruise for free, but anything after that you have to pay for.

I am on day 4 of attack now, weighed in this morning and have lost 5 lb in the last 3 days so am well chuffed with that. However, have a horrible dry mouth with a nasty taste, which is not very pleasant at all. Am meant to be doing 6 days of attack, but might move onto cruise after 5 days, depends how I feel tomorrow.

Going to a wedding reception tonight, so that will test me, will eat before I go and steer clear of the buffet table all night!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now