Talk

Advanced search

Bugger - put on hardly any weight in pregnancy but over a stone from eating cake in the 7 months since baby born

(6 Posts)
yellowflowers Mon 18-Jul-11 20:37:04

I suppose the answer is just to stop eating cake?

Was so proud of self for just putitng on a stone in pregnancy and practically losing it immediately the baby came out (I am already veryoverweight so not much weight gain was important) and so annoyed with myself for letting this happen post birth.

Anyone else?

foreverondiet Mon 18-Jul-11 20:52:23

I put on a stone in the 6 months after DS2 was born plus 2 stone during the pregnancy.

Have lost it now but sadly stopping eating cake would probably just be enough to stop you putting on more rather than to help you actually loose any.

AppleHEAD Mon 18-Jul-11 21:59:25

No no more cake or crap in general. Also need to get moving moving moving....
Ready...
I need to lose about 1 and a half stone and feel healthier. I'm really going to do it now

Lambskin Tue 19-Jul-11 07:55:04

I did the same except it was 2 stone and over 6 years so I didn't really acknowledge it was happening. you're giving so much of yourself and are so tired all the time you feel like you've earned those treats don't you? It's good you've realised in 7 months! Cut out all the crap, get exercising and join my fitness pal, and you'll start losing immediately smile

I did the exact same thing. I was back to pre-pregnancy weight within a month of giving birth with both pregnancies. I then went on to put on a couple of stone blush

For me it was the constant snacking on sugary stuff to try and counteract the tiredness. Plus boredom and unputdownable baby (made food prep difficult!). I'm now 2 stone heavier than when we conceived DD1 sad

CDMforever Tue 19-Jul-11 21:22:48

Blimey, I did the exact thing too!
Most of the time I was eating the cake mix rather than the cooked cake!
I was in a shite relationship tho...........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now