Talk

Advanced search

There MUST be someone else on here using a slimpod?

(11 Posts)
mymumdom Sat 16-Jul-11 16:54:52

Surely?
I've been listening to mine for 4 weeks now and have gone down from size 22-24 to size 20-22. No idea what it is weightwise as I don't weigh myself but I'm guessing 1/2-1 stone?
Absolutely no will power required. It's been fantastic for me and given me energy and the desire to exercise as well.
The website is here
www.thinkingslimmer.com/
If you are interested.
I really want to chat about it with other people who it's working for too!

mycatoscar Sat 16-Jul-11 18:09:43

i stumbled across an advert for these the other day and the reviews on amazon are very mixed

i would try it if i really thought it would work, is it like a hypnosis? I have tried glenn harrold and paul mckenna and they do work but I am a terrible self saboutager and I just seem to lack the willpower to follow the positive suggestions, its like I am on self destruct to disobey even my own thoughts!

Would be very interested to hear what your experience has been mymumdom

I am a size 14, sometimes a 16 and would love to be about 1 stone lighter which would mean I could walk into pretty much any shop and just buy the 14 without thinking, and sometimes be a 12

mymumdom Sat 16-Jul-11 19:22:17

If you google it, a lot of bloggers have had success with them. It either seems to work for people or it doesn't.
I gave up dieting almost 4 years ago and have been trying to follow the principles of Intuitive Eating ever since ( Basically eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full). I've had a lot of success psychologically- accepting and living with my size, not dependant on scales, not hating my body etc,etc but I continued to binge quite badly. I would think about eating something and suddenly I'd have to have it.
But I've got a few health problems that my weight doesn't help, joint problems mainly and I know I can't ever diet again, so I thought it was worth a go.
I've found the slim pod has helped me not binge, in fact over the last 4 weeks, I've been able to just leave food if I'm not actually hungry. I can also tell when I am full, and just don't want to eat any more. I've also noticed I want to eat healthier food and exercise more.
My knee is much better and I would recommend trying it if you can spare the money.
It is a kind of hypnosis I think but it only takes 10 mins a day. It says to do it at night before you go to sleep but I do it during the day, around lunchtime, as that's when I used to binge. I do feel very relaxed when I'm listening to it and look forward to it as some time to myself.
I really didn't think it would work either, but it seems to be !

mycatoscar Sun 17-Jul-11 21:43:37

thanks for the info, I am back to listening to my glenn harrold CD which is nearly 40 minutes but since i already own it i figure its worth trying it again before i buy anything else!

I am determined to start listening to and following those suggestions in my head, rather than trampling them down and self saboutaging. Havent eaten much today but havent felt that hungry.

just went to have a satsuma but the dog stole it - maybe she is in cahoots with my angelic side LOL

mymumdom Sun 17-Jul-11 21:51:07

I have tried Paul Mckenna before, and I found that length of time just too long for me to bother with some days. 10 mins is about right for me!!
The spooky thing is that I really haven't had to try too hard with the slimpod, I honestly just don't want food I'm not hungry for. I just look at it and think 'meh'.
This must be what it's like for people who eat 'normally'!
Let me know how you get on with Glenn, I haven't tried him.
What kind of dog do you have? Our lurcher loves satsumas!

AnyFuleKno Sun 17-Jul-11 21:59:30

is this an advert? it seems a lot like one

mymumdom Sun 17-Jul-11 22:02:54

Not at all. I have no financial interest in the site at all. I just want to tell people about something that is working for me. It might help someone else.
Is there a rule against that? I don't want to get into trouble.

mycatoscar Mon 18-Jul-11 05:31:54

well if it was an advert it hasnt worked has it LOL

she's a jack russell and not actually mine, we are dog sitting for my brother. She didnt eat it, just stole it and put it in her bed, along with a strange assortment of items which she has collected since being here.

I am determined to be a stone lighter before I go back to work in september, have lots of lovely tailored trousers which I want to wear.

mymumdom Mon 18-Jul-11 07:59:59

LOL at your brother's dog. Good luck with that pesky stone.

mycatoscar Mon 18-Jul-11 08:37:17

thanks mymumdom, how much are you looking to lose?

mymumdom Mon 18-Jul-11 10:01:45

I don't weigh myself, but I'd be happy to get down to size 16. Am a 20-22 atm, so will take ages but if I'm able to eat less I know it will happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now