Talk

Advanced search

SHRED part 1- join me!

(274 Posts)
Clarabumps Thu 14-Jul-11 21:12:05

I've had the 30 day shred for around a month. I've done three days at the start of the month and then "missed" a day and didnt pick it back up.

I have a wedding in a month and I have to shift the tummy.Plus i've recently had my hair cropped and now my face looks like a turnip.(bad dying escapade!)

Who's with me?Lets do it together and spur each other on!!

Starting tomorrow!

all the other threads are further on so I thought i's start a new one.
grin

IDrinkFromTheirSkulls Thu 14-Jul-11 21:13:46

Ok I really want to do it, but wondering if I will find time...I say as I sit on mumsnet grin

I got to day 6, did level 2 once then had a headache on day 7 and just never started again sad

peggotty Thu 14-Jul-11 21:20:29

Hello smile
I got to about day 9 level 1 at the start of June and my knees started screaming for mercy. I go out 'power' walking 4 or 5 times a week too and I think it was too much for my creaky joints to bear. But I'm willing to give it another go and in fact did the shred tonight! Am concentrating on protecting my knees this time though...

CJMommy Thu 14-Jul-11 21:22:46

Ok, so did it 2 days in a row.......now to try for 30.....starting tomorrow grin I'm in!

Clarabumps Fri 15-Jul-11 09:36:42

Hurray! i did it last night and a bit sore today- does anyone else find the stretching too short at the end? I stretched for ages last night and don't feel as bad as i did the first time.. day 2 here we go!!

SharonGless Fri 15-Jul-11 09:56:35

Hi I want to join too so will start on day 2 with you and then do an extra day at the end. Hopefully this will motivate me as I go holiday in 5 weeks and have been trying to make an effort

Clarabumps Fri 15-Jul-11 10:47:58

Welcome welcome sharon!me too- im hoping that if a group of us do it we'll at least try and not cheat and "forget" a day!where are you off to on holiday?

MetalSian Fri 15-Jul-11 11:06:17

I am about to buy the DVD now... so will join once it arrives next week.
I will definitely need the motivation I think.

Do you have weights or an exercise mat?
I have neither yet and wondering if I need them =].

Clarabumps Fri 15-Jul-11 18:16:10

i have small weights from argos.. you dont need an exercise mat- a towel on the floor will do- make sure you use one though as I got carpet burns from doing crunches on the carpet. Going to put the kids to bed then start on day 2!!

Fattypuff Fri 15-Jul-11 18:30:36

I am waiting for my copy to arrive and will join next week. Those of you already doing it - is it doable ? I plumped (hee hee) for it on the basis that it has a bit of a current cult following but am a bit scared & don't really know what it involves. Have not been to a gym for years but have just started a spot of running alongside a diet.

I did 2 days in a row then got to day 3 (today) and it hasn't happend. I am annoyed with myself but far too bloody knackered to attempt it now. My muscles and knees are killing me from 2 days of it and I couldn't face the pain of doing it this morning.

Clarabumps Sat 16-Jul-11 08:00:37

day 2 last night and today i can hardly move but hoping to try it again tonight.. my arms are killing me and can hardly sit on the toilet. argh!!!

GreenTeapot Sat 16-Jul-11 08:04:04

Marking my spot but making no promises grin

Nolda Sat 16-Jul-11 09:48:19

Hi, I did the 30 day shred last year and continued with it on and off until end of April this year when I broke my toe (didn't break it shredding). I haven't exercised since and I'm feeling lardy and the trousers are beginning to feel squeezy so would love to join in with another round of much needed shred. I did day 1 last night and my bum and arms are aching this morning. Went easy on the weights to get back into it. Please don't think I was mega fit - I wasn't and never managed more than one full-on press-up. Last time I managed six days in a row of self-inflicted torture and then had to have a day off and I think you do need to take the odd day off.

Clarabumps Sat 16-Jul-11 18:35:14

i can't do a full press up anyways. I just do the girls version and I can hardly do them properly. Nolda does it get better? can you get to the stage where you so full press ups? have you tried any other of jillian michaels stuff??

Nolda Sat 16-Jul-11 21:14:18

I have tried Six Week Six Pack which was hard but the easier workout was manageable (post-30 Day Shred) and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism which was so hard I nearly died and have never attempted it again. It does get easier but then you just increase the weights.

Clarabumps Sun 17-Jul-11 07:44:30

Thats the thing i don't want to look like a muscle bound maniac! I just want to tone up..i'm 5ft 10 so don't want to look like I could give someone a kicking!I've bought six week six pack as a follow on to 30 days shred.Seems so far off at the moment. I did shred last night..hurray and it is getting easier..the lunges especially.

Nolda Tue 19-Jul-11 11:02:26

Clarabumps, did you shred yesterday? I've only just cracked the lunges from a coordination point of view yet alone anything else. Don't worry about becoming a muscle bound maniac. I think you would need to put in a lot more than 20 mins a day to achieve that. I shredded Friday and Monday but missed the weekend blush but will do my best to do it all the rest of the week.

I've decided I'm not being realistic to think I will do it everyday. I'm going for 3 days a week when DD1 is at nursery. I've retrieved my old exercise bike from the loft and am doing that for 20 minutes on the days in between. I'm seriously worried that Shred every day will leave me with a permanent knee injury.

EmGee Tue 19-Jul-11 12:31:07

I can't do it every day. My poor knees........ Not sure it's really good for your body to do it every day despite jillian saying so. I do it 4 or maybe 5x a week. Luckily my DH's elliptical machine has broken down and he's been doing it too. Good job or I'd talk myself out of it. Level 2 is the hardest. L3 not actually that bad - did it at the w'e - first circuit is hardest as all plank based. Personally think L1 and L2 are better. I love the Abs bit - so delighted to get down on the ground for a rest..........

BiscuitNibbler Wed 20-Jul-11 09:02:50

Well after buying the Shred DVD in November I finally did Day 1 this morning. I am still alive. I could not believe how much my big fat belly wobbled around when I was doing the cardio sections. I really am going to have to do this regularly if I want to get rid of my blubber.

MetalSian Wed 20-Jul-11 13:35:48

So my DVD is still not here yet =[.
What size weights do you all have?

I suppose it would be best t get some before it comes xD.

Nolda Wed 20-Jul-11 14:29:17

I'm currently using 1kg but have used from 0.5kg to 2kg. For Workout 3 you need to be able to be in a plank pose holding the weights in your hand so check you can do this if you are buying new ones. I bought some from John Lewis on the recommendation of another shredding MNer who had actually tried this out in store!

BiscuitNibbler Thu 21-Jul-11 08:21:58

Day 2 completed despite my calves screaming at the beginning.

I have 1kg weights, but have just realised from your post Nolda that I won't be able to use them in level 3 (if I ever get that far). Could you link to the ones you got from John Lewis please?

Clarabumps Thu 21-Jul-11 08:39:53

hurray!!well done! i'm on day-7 today and made the fatal mistake of thinking it was getting easier and decided to try level two- errrr nope! Could hardly do it..plank jacks a total killer so have decided to keep going with level one till it gets easier.
I have lost around 3 lbs and my shape looks significantly better..my waist is nipped in and i'm beginning to lose the baby pouch..its going down although I don't know if my skin will ever be the same again.
Its the bloody lunges that kill me..thighs are on fire!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now