Talk

Advanced search

In need of a SW kick start - can anyone help me, please?

(8 Posts)
TaffyandTeenyTaffy Thu 14-Jul-11 18:08:20

I lost 2 stone between New Year and Easter - and was feeling great. Since then I have been gaining/losing the same 3 or 4lbs.... and am feeling pretty despondent. I still have at least a stone to lose - (but would really love to lose another 2 or 3 stone)

I feel like I have tried everything - been mixing my days about, changing what I'm eating, eating lots of superfree/speed foods, been doing a variety of exercise, gone back to the books, writing everything down, weighing/measuring everything, drinking loads of water, tried eating all my syns/less syns but nothing seems to be doing it for me. My consultant has been looking at my food diaries and thought I might not be eating enough free food and too much fruit and veg for the amount of exercise Ive been doing, so I have addressed that - but the weight is still not shifting.

Any ideas how I can get past this? I have only get 10 weeks to my holiday so now need a minor miracle to get to target - but even a few more pounds would be something!

shandre Thu 14-Jul-11 22:11:59

you could always try hotpants http://zaggora.com/products/HotPants.html
I am trialing them at the moment and i can say that they really do work! It will double your workout have a look at the website. They gave 500 away for people to trial and write reviews about so I dont think they would do that if it didnt work.
If you do decide to buy a pair use SHARONSTEP at checkout for 10% discount.

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Fri 15-Jul-11 10:46:39

Ha ha! That wasn't quite what I was expecting but thanks - let me know how you get on with them!!

octopusinabox Mon 18-Jul-11 19:59:22

When you say you've tried all these things .. did you try them for long enough? I always found that there would be a delay of a week or so when I was in a rut and tried to improve my weight loss. Are you eating too much carb? Perhaps try cutting down on the carbs and increase the protein. Have you tried switching red and green days rather than sticking to just one or extra easy?

foreverondiet Mon 18-Jul-11 21:59:44

Maybe its time to try something other than SW?

Perhaps try doing only red days and limiting calories/portion sizes. Or cutting out / down on fruit?

I don't believe its possible to eat too much (non starchy) veggies....

acsec Mon 18-Jul-11 22:02:53

I have similar problem - I find that if I do red days I lose more /9can't get to grips with Extra Easy) also only having 1 a choice and 1 b choice most days helps smile

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Thu 21-Jul-11 08:10:46

Thanks everyone. The last couple of weeks I have been doing a combination of red/green/EE days - more to get me to thinking about and changing what I am eating. I am due to WI today - after a meal out at a chinese buffet on Tuesday I am not hopeful for a big loss - but I have been really good the rest of the week - so hopefully will have shifted something.

Think this week I am going to try a week of red days, and trying to reduce my carbs a bit. When I was losing initially eating meals of meat, steam veggies and jacket potatoes and snacking on fruit/soup. I am going to give it until my hols in September and then try something else if I am still not losing again. Really dont want to do WW again - but SW is not doing it for me at the minute!

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Thu 21-Jul-11 17:41:15

I lost 1.5lbs!!!! So am now back to my 12stone 5lbs that I cant seem to get past. I am going to be really focussed this week. I can and I will do it.

Lunch was a crab and salad open roll
Dinner is tuna steak with chargrilled courgettes, mushroom, red onion, roasted new potatoes and a salad garnish.
Made some quark choc mousse for dipping fruit in for tonights treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now