Talk

Advanced search

WW Pro Points or Slimming World?

(6 Posts)
HeinzSight Thu 14-Jul-11 12:40:26

I've been doing Pro Points online for a couple of months now, but was interested in what the mumsnet jury thought about slimming world. A friend posted some pics on fb last night of the typical portions she serves up for herself on sw and they're humungous!!

Opinions please.... smile

HeinzSight Thu 14-Jul-11 15:35:56

bump

octopusinabox Thu 14-Jul-11 16:04:09

I'm on slimming world but have also done WW in the past (not pro points though). I prefer slimming world, mostly because it's less complicated and I don't have to weight much at all. I'd rather this because I don't want my 2 children to be seeing me on a diet and having to weigh and be so careful and paranoid about what I'm eating. I'd rather them see me eating normally but heathy food.

With WW i always felt like I was on a diet and looked forward to getting back to 'normal'. Of course that meant eating the same crap. With SW I'm trying to see it as a lifestyle change and I'll be doing this in some form or another forever.

SheepAreSuper Thu 14-Jul-11 16:27:11

Hi Heinz.
The biggest issue I've had with SW is not having to apply portion control. I have a fairly big appitite and eat quite fast so eating til I'm satisfied usually means I've overeaten. It does however encourage a healthier lifestyle by being a bit more restrictive.

I've quickly gotten used to portion sizes again on WW so I don't find weighing things a particular problem. I'm 5 weeks into ProPoints but did the old Discovery plan in 2004 and lost 6 stone.

RogerMelly Thu 14-Jul-11 16:29:26

I think it depends what kind of an eater you are tbh. I have been doing weightwatchers por points since january and have found it piss easy but I am the kind of person who needs to learn about portion control and keep being reminded about it iykwim, also i like my treats to be wine grin I haven't even felt hungry on it and have lost 3 stone so far. I would really recommend it

HeinzSight Thu 14-Jul-11 22:05:50

Thanks all. I think I've got bored of not having my beloved potatoes and pasta in quantities I'd like!! I've lost 2 and a half stone in a year and I want to lose that last half a stone and it's becoming a struggle. !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now