Talk

Advanced search

Shredding and knees

(9 Posts)
Psammead Wed 13-Jul-11 18:55:33

Hi!

I am day 9 into the shred and am hating loving it grin

However, it's killing my knees. The outside edge of both.

I have just read on another thread that I should be wearing running shoes. My question is, is it better to get the shoes and wait to recover before contnuing? Or should I just carry on, as soon as I have them?

Also, do knee supports help?

TIA!

activate Wed 13-Jul-11 18:56:58

it buggered my hamstrings up - I was out of action for 3 weeks - but then I was barefoot

this was months back - I'd like to try again but am scared

Psammead Wed 13-Jul-11 18:59:25

Yup, I do it barefoot too.

foreverondiet Wed 13-Jul-11 19:00:08

what have you being wearing on your feet? but yes wait until you recover - possibly just do the none impact things in the meantime.

IroningBoardForSurfBoard Wed 13-Jul-11 19:02:59

please, buy some super-supportive training shoes!

this is my one gripe with the Shred dvd, i think it should make this recommendation to!

knee supports will help until they are healed, but it's probably best to rest for a week, get some shoes, wear the supports and good luck with the rest of the shred.

foreverondiet Wed 13-Jul-11 19:03:28

OMG - barefoot! shock sorry but can't believe that anyone would contemplate this.

Yes, wait until you have recovered before attempting any high impact moves, but go for the toning moves in the meantime.

Nagini Wed 13-Jul-11 19:05:09

I had to stop for a few days, I did a pilates dvd instead. The shoes helped, but I think it was more that I got used to it. I also found level 3 less of a bitch on the knees smile

activate Wed 13-Jul-11 19:09:29

barefoot is not appropriate for that dvd

but when you haven't exercised for ages and you're suddenly doing it in your own living room on your carpet why would you think I must wear trainers?

I just didn't get it - I do now grin

Psammead Wed 13-Jul-11 19:17:47

Thanks - will do. Can anyone recommend some good cardio moves to do which do not involve jumping or bending too much?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now