We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me lose my muffin top!

(14 Posts)
thelittlebluepills Sun 10-Jul-11 20:45:55

I've got a normal BMI (I'm 5ft 8 and 10stone) so I can't join weightwatchers nor do the Cambridge diet (or anything else).

But I desperately want to lose my muffin top - which must weigh about a stone itself -

how do i get rid of the horrid thing (since a lottery win to fund the much-needed tummy tuck is very unlikely).

2to3 Sun 10-Jul-11 21:29:03

Skinny people have muffin tops too, simply because they wear jeans that are too tight and slip down from the waist to hug the lower waist making them bulge out over the top. So wear jeans and skirts that really fit you well. And then tackle the tummy by making a bet with yourself to cut out anything sweet or fatty until a certain date some weeks or months ahead - I lost loads of weight that way. I kept the booze though - had to get my priorities straight.

foreverondiet Mon 11-Jul-11 07:30:19

Do you have a muffin top when naked? If not maybe your clothes just don't fit properly.

If you do want to slim around your middle something low in processed carbs like the south beach diet ought to do it. If you want to do similar to WW you can try MFP its free and there is a support thread on here.

thelittlebluepills Mon 11-Jul-11 14:44:19

yes still there when i'm naked. get a couple of folds when I sit down naked sad

thanks for the tips - i will look into the south beach diet etc - meanwhile I've ordered some magic knickers from M& S

thinking of going up a size in jeans - but then they bag around my bottom and make me look 2 stone heavier

berkshirefem Mon 11-Jul-11 16:03:50

Have you tried calanetics? It's great for muffin top. It's as boring as sin but does work and works fast!
You can get the DVD on Amazon but go for the standard one not the advanced because it's really hard!

Other than that you could be intolerate to something? Maybe cut out glucose for a month, then dairy etc etc to work out what it is.

I recently cut out dairy and caffeine and my muffin top has dissappeared.

foreverondiet Mon 11-Jul-11 16:13:43

Everyone gets folds when they sit down! Do you have it when you stand up naked?

re: jeans - you need a different shape not a bigger size.

Also do 30DS as it really tones the core.

MumPotNoodle Tue 12-Jul-11 09:12:37

Dumb question of the day blush.....do you have to get rid of the fat before you start to tone or does toning 'reach' the core area?

berkshirefem Tue 12-Jul-11 09:15:10

Is is possible to tone underneath the fat... which is why a combination of healthy eating, cardio and core is best.

MumPotNoodle Tue 12-Jul-11 09:17:50

Thanks Berks.

foreverondiet Tue 12-Jul-11 09:41:10

Toning reaches the core area but if you are carrying a lot of fat around your middle then results will not be very visible. Need to do a combo of cardio exercise, core exercises AND follow healthy eating - ie avoid foods low in processed carbs. I am now very toned and slim BUT if I eat lots of processed carbs I get bloated and my flat stomach disappears.

MumPotNoodle Tue 12-Jul-11 09:46:13

Don't have masses of fat around the middle but enough for me to feel tubby. Ticking all of the boxes so hopefully will see results soonish.

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 09:49:55

subbing as i have the same problem...

um, what are MFP and 30DS???? blush

MumPotNoodle Tue 12-Jul-11 15:26:24

jbc, www.myfitnesspal.com and 30 day shred, fitness dvd.

jbcbj Tue 12-Jul-11 17:46:16

thank you, i'll check them out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now