Talk

Advanced search

Unbelievable! Another session of hypnotherapy and guess what happened?

(8 Posts)
nobberish Sat 09-Jul-11 21:26:23

While he was trying to hypnotise me his mobile phone went off. Someone was sending him a text and then he continued to say 'you're relaxing' etc and at the same time he was texting them back! Can his guy be for real? Surely no decent hypnotherapist would do this?

CoffeeIsMyFriend Sat 09-Jul-11 21:27:42

I would be asking for a refund. Totally unprofessional.

nobberish Sat 09-Jul-11 21:36:21

Unfortunately it's already paid for. It was on a groupon offer. So if anyone is thinking of doing any groupon offer like this then think twice. I'd love to find someone through word of mouth. Seems like this could be a very unregulated profession. I think I'll dig deeper though and see if his credentials are real.

ZZMum Sun 10-Jul-11 02:26:42

I have trained as a hypnotherapist - although there are regulatory bodies, anyone can claim to be one - and given you can be charging upwards of 60 quid an hour with no guarantee of success, you will get a lot of charlatans..

check out NCH and see if he is registered there and if he is send them a note..

FloraFox Sun 10-Jul-11 03:28:50

Totally unprofessional. You should complain to Groupon and see if they will give you a refund.

nobberish Tue 12-Jul-11 20:30:26

Do you think I could get the refund from Groupon. I really don't want to get into an argument with this person (coward that I am). Is it groupon's problem then? I'll ring the regulatory body tomorrow. If it turns out his number is a fake, will let you know.

SeymoreButts Sun 17-Jul-11 00:23:07

nobberish what happened? Can you PM me the name of the therapist please? I have just forked out for some hypnotherapy sessions on Groupon, wondering if I should get my money back now!

Absolutely awful. But he may be a one-off - by which I mean that not all hypnotherapists would be so unprofessional. Write to Groupon, and also write to him to complain of his unprofessionalism. There is no need to confront him directly, but do let him know that his behaviour has lost him a client.

My beauty therapist was taking bank phonecalls on her mobile phone while supposed to be waxing my legs once; it was the worst waxing ever. I never went back there either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now