Talk

Advanced search

To much to soon?

(5 Posts)
Jimmy99 Sat 09-Jul-11 16:16:35

Please forgive a man for posting I do however have a concern.

On the 4th June this year I started one of my many diets, this time I decided for the first time to try a low carb diet (Dr Clarks low carb book) instead of calorie counting.

To my suprise not only have I lost 22 pounds by today plus 2" off my waist I am also never hungry and feel full of energy and not falling asleep on the couch at 9pm as usual. Another 18 pounds and I will be at my target weight which I was last at over 25 years ago.

My concerns are that several people have said I am losing weight too fast and also as I am eating less that 40 Gm of carbs a day. I eat very little fruit and only leafy veg plus many tomatoes plus lots of meat vitamin pills.

Whilst I am glad to lose so much so easily and so soon I do have a nagging worry.

I would be gratful for your advice please.

foreverondiet Sun 10-Jul-11 00:27:21

It is quite fast - what has been the weight loss per week for the last 2 weeks - you'd expect to loose a lot in the first couple of weeks, ie is the weight loss slowing down?

Jimmy99 Sun 10-Jul-11 09:23:37

Thank you for the reply

Averaging 3.3 to 4.9 pounds per week.

Last week was 3.5 pounds

OpusProSerenus Sun 10-Jul-11 13:37:07

You have to remember that men always lose weight faster than women so the idea that 1-2lbs a week is best is probably based on females. Low-carb diets seem to suit men too, my DS can lose weight spectacularly on one..

I have no idea if this is too fast or if it will keep slowing down as you get nearer your goal. Hope someone with some "proper" knowledge is along soon.

foreverondiet Sun 10-Jul-11 14:15:21

Well its slowing down 3.5lbs I think is ok, although I am not expert!

One of risks with fast weight loss is loose skin, so make sure you do lots of toning exercises PLUS use mosturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now