Talk

Advanced search

10lbs to go and it is not shifting!!

(3 Posts)
Dillie Sat 09-Jul-11 12:01:08

hey there! i have lost 3st and feel great! But I just cant seem to get shot of the last 10lbs and it is driving me nuts!

Any tips for the last push to goal? Should I stick with jut 29 points or use all the 49?

I do excercise when I can. I have sciatica so some days all I can do is walk straight! I would swim, but I cant swim particularly well and find it puts a strain on my spine when trying not to sink.

I wonder if I am eating too much fruit (daily is banana, apple, grapes). i have cut back on gluten/wheat which has helped to now.

What can I do? Any tips will be gratefully recieved smile

WhatsWrongWithYou Sat 09-Jul-11 12:13:36

You sound very similar to me. I've lost 11/2 stone very slowly, but have held on to this last 10lbs for about a year now. (Did lose most of it before my hols last summer but put most of it on again at the buffet, then more at Christmas/half term ski-ing).
I have mild scoliosis which is not nearly as debilitating as sciatica, but I do have constant pain and stiffness from it so exercise is also not so easy.
I do think, however, exercise is the key for me. I find the weights at the gym actually help, although I have to will away the aches on the cardio machines!
And I think I've finally found an exercise DVD that I can do (as long as I don't push it), and not get bored with after a week, so I'm aiming to try and do something every day. (I'm 48, which I'm sure also makes a difference).
I follow a no-sugar diet which doesn't have a points element, so I think we're not so similar in diet approach.
Will watch this thread with interest for useful hints!

foreverondiet Sun 10-Jul-11 00:17:17

I think if you have reached a plateau at that point (I did) try something different for a couple of weeks. I was doing tesco diets (like weightwatchers) and switched to low carb (dukan) - I also upped the exercise (30DS on non gym days) but I can see that with health issues thats not always possible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now