Talk

Advanced search

Weight Watchers Online or Free Internet Calorie Counting Site?

(6 Posts)
supercal Fri 08-Jul-11 11:42:09

Hi

I was going to start WW online today. Need.To.Do.Something.About.My.Weight

But I'm a bit barasic at the moment and WW is something like £14 a month online. Was therefore thinking about joining a free online weight loss calorie counting site.

BUT I like that WW is established, and there is a support thread on here, and a whole industry so WW recipes and everything. I think I'd feel so lost just out there calorie counting - I need instruction.

So, is WW really worth the money over the free sites?

Thoughts, please!

supercal Fri 08-Jul-11 11:43:07

Also, the most important element for me I think is that my plan has an iphone app so I can count points/calories on there.

foreverondiet Fri 08-Jul-11 11:45:47

Myfitnesspal is free, has free mobile app, and there is support thread on here, plus lots of message boards there.

It suits me as I prefer to eat my own food, and adapt to make it lower calorie.

supercal Fri 08-Jul-11 11:48:44

Thanks for the reply. Is the mobile app good?

HeyH0 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:35:28

If you really want to try WW there are cash back offers via TopCashback, Quidco etc, usually to the tune of £30, which would more or less cover the cost of a 3 month online subscription. (That would get you access to the online tools - tracker, phone app, recipe builder...)

If you'd prefer to count calories rather than points then MyFitnessPal or MyPlate will do the job; I prefer the latter, but you have to pay £1.59 for the phone app.

foreverondiet Fri 08-Jul-11 12:38:52

I have a blackberry and the mobile app is fine for adding my usual foods not so great for adding new things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now