Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you know how DIFFICULT this is? I am dying here.

(9 Posts)
RumourOfAHurricane Wed 06-Jul-11 21:44:31

Message withdrawn

dinkystinky Wed 06-Jul-11 21:46:12

It is a really good weight loss - but to keep the weight off till November (and keep losing it and the inches) you have to keep it up!

dinkystinky Wed 06-Jul-11 21:47:11

FWIW, on a good week I do about 7 hours of exercise a week (mixture of pt, cardio, weights, classes) and am still hovering a few annoying pounds above my target weight. But then I eat alot...

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 06-Jul-11 21:51:05

Message withdrawn

peggotty Wed 06-Jul-11 21:51:06

envy
But you shouldnt try and speed it up. 3 pounds a week is a lot. 2 pounds a week would still be great. You'll get there.

TinFairy Wed 06-Jul-11 21:51:56

It's great weight loss - well done! You don't need to speed it up or you just won't be able to keep it off.

You also need to give your body a break. My PT recommends training no more than 5 times per week with gentle exercise on the other 2 days - walking/swimming/leisurely cycle. Your body needs time to rest and recover and it isn't getting any - that's why it's killing you.

RumourOfAHurricane Wed 06-Jul-11 22:01:18

Message withdrawn

uninspired Wed 06-Jul-11 22:03:52

3lb a week is a fab loss. I'd be well pleased with that

foreverondiet Wed 06-Jul-11 23:23:32

I don't think you should speed it up... that very very fast weight loss and I'm not surprised its killing you!

FWIW I lost 3 stone between October and March (and then another half stone since March). I consistently lost 2lb a week.

I went to the gym 3x a week (Sun, Wed, Fri) and then did exercise DVD (shred) or EA sport active on wii 3x a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs). On saturday some walking and exercises like press ups. I dieted eating roughly 1200 a day, low fat, low carb.

FWIW I think you should have a couple of days off the exercise a week - maybe just swim twice a week rather than full on gym session. Also I think if your leg is hurting you should listen to your body and stop running until its better. Again swimming would be good for this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now