Talk

Advanced search

What eating plan would you recommend for me?

(7 Posts)
goinnowhere Sun 03-Jul-11 20:32:04

Hi all. I would like to lose 2 stone. Please could you help me find the best plan? I am hourglass shaped and weight goes on thighs and bum mainly. I work nearly full time in a tiring job and have young DC. In terms of food, my downfall is cakes/biscuits/crisps, not so much chocolate or alcohol. I am not a fussy eater at all, but family members can be angry. I have lost weight in the past, but have gained it back slowly after pregnancy and tough times. I would say I am an emotional eater, but also feel really hungry, and can get quite sick and dizzy feeling if I let hunger get too advanced!
What would all you wised people recommend as an approach?
TIA

ZZMum Mon 04-Jul-11 12:32:35

Hey - you sound shape and weight size just like me.

I would suggest that you go for the lower carb option as I find that cutting out white flour/sugar etc and eating more protein really fills me up to the point where I do not graze or pick and my need for sugar is killed off - this is the key for me for weight loss - I have low blood pressure and find I can get quite giddy if I do not eat enough but the high protein never causes this - I still do eat some carbs so I am never in need of energy.

so my diet is based around lowish far protein such as chicken/fish/ lots of low fat yoghurt without sugar /berries/veg and salad - nuts and pulses..

goinnowhere Mon 04-Jul-11 21:43:58

Glad you said that, as I was thinking the same thing myself. I did it for a bit, and although weight did not drop off, it did address energy levels, and hunger, so with a bit more portion control, it could be good. Can I ask what you have for breakfast and lunch typically?

ZZMum Tue 05-Jul-11 23:16:41

hi! Sorry for delay - OK for breakfast I have either yoghurt/blueberries/oatbran or I make scrambled eggs with tomatoes/chill/coriander - it is really nice and cheers up what can be quite dull eggs if not accompagnied by buttered toast!

Lunch - either a massive salad with something like mackerel or grilled halloumi or spicy sausages.. or I make a soup with lots of veggies but chuck in a lot of lentils or beans - it is the protein from them that makes them filling (also was shown that soup is more filling that if you just ate the ingredients separately)

If I get hungry I tend to snack on nuts - plain or salted almonds are faves - need to watch the number though!

I have lost about 1/2 stone doing this - need to lose another 2 though but I do feel it is the way to go for me as it stops me picking and keeps my energy levels constant - no carb just makes me too weak to cope and I land up eating chocs for an energy boost.

let me know how you get on!!

ivykaty44 Tue 05-Jul-11 23:19:19

can get quite sick and dizzy feeling if I let hunger get too advanced!

small meals and often.
weigh your food in some ways - say measure your cereal and then work out what bowl it fits into so you can pour it into a small bowl each morning - porridge would be a good option then a banana or apple for a 10.30 snack, small portion of nuts and seeds for mid afternoon snack and small salad type meals for the summer

goinnowhere Tue 05-Jul-11 23:22:39

No need to apologise! Thanks for answering. This is what I have been headed towards, so will continue with it. Find lunch a bit difficult as I am at work so need to make more soup,as I could take that in with me. Nuts are good, but agree, can be hard to stop! Thanks. Will keep you posted.

berkshirefem Thu 07-Jul-11 15:37:52

Hve you tried going Vegan? It's really worked for me. Skinny B** and Allen Carr's easyweigh are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now