Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone following the HARCOMBE DIET?

(15 Posts)
muttimalzwei Fri 01-Jul-11 18:58:24

Just wondered as I have just finished phase 1 and would be great to have/give some support.

muttimalzwei Tue 05-Jul-11 20:18:52

or are any of the weight loss threads covering it?

foreverondiet Wed 06-Jul-11 13:34:40

I read it.... I am at target weight and thought it might be good for weight maintenance! But haven't got round to it! I don't recall any recent threads on it.

All sounds very sensible though but I disliked the way she dissed other diets esp the south beach diet as she clearly just skim read the book.

muttimalzwei Wed 06-Jul-11 22:49:28

thanks for replying. It's working wonders for me, have lost 9 lbs in 9 days!

foreverondiet Wed 06-Jul-11 23:12:19

Wow, what great weight loss well done, would be interested to hear what the ongoing loss is. How far are you from target?

Junebugjr Fri 08-Jul-11 15:04:05

Hi both,

I lost 2 and a half stone in about 10 weeks on it. I've not lost as much with other diets before, plus I never felt hungry or deprived. Dd2 is now 7 weeks and bf is established, so am about to crack on with it again, but go straight to phase 2.

I did do a nice bit of exercise with it too which helped. Thank god for davina!

I've got about a stone to lose, but for sheer vanity sake I'd like another 7 lb too to get into a size 8, am very short with small bones, so look bulky if bigger than 10/12.

Did you do phase 1 muttimal?

foreverondiet Fri 08-Jul-11 15:06:56

Wow, 2.5 stone in 10 weeks! Was that before the pregnancy?

Junebugjr Fri 08-Jul-11 15:16:27

Have always been slim, but suffered hyperemesis with dd1, which mucked up my system, so put on over 2 stone after I had her! Lost it in 10 weeks after thinking enough was enough a yr later. Stayed 8st 10lb ish until ttc dd2 when I was advised to put on weight before pregnancy because of hyperemesis, so am around 10 stone now 7 weeks after.

My weight loss was erratic though, some weeks i'd lose 6lb, and other weeks I'd lose nothing. Am starting it tomorrow, so going to find a thread which it's on, am hoping it works as well this time!

acatcalledbob Sat 09-Jul-11 11:40:59

I started yesterday and apart from a bit of caffeine withdrawal (drinking less tea and coffee as I'm less keen on it without milk), it's not difficult or unpleasant. I bought the book and it makes a lot of sense so fingers crossed... Had a hardboiled egg with ham for breakfast, chicken salad for lunch and brown rice with sour and spicy Thai veg for dinner.

Weight loss on this thread is amazing - well done and how are you doing now?

muttimalzwei Sun 10-Jul-11 19:25:57

I've lost about 12 lbs now and have sadly slipped a bit today. Was very tired as kids getting up at 5 so had a real coffee and a bit of chocolate. Have had stomach cramps all afternoon, probably due to eating 'rubbish'. Generally not great, also had a bit of icing off a birthday cake. Think my decision to have caffeine in moderation was a mistake. Back on decaff tomorrow, tired or not. Going to follow it strictly all week. Went to docs to have tests for wheat allergy as really do feel so much better off it. How are you all doing?

muttimalzwei Sun 10-Jul-11 19:28:04

foreverondiet, I was 13,7 for ages and then I have weighed in last week at 12, 8. Would like to get to 11 10.

muttimalzwei Sun 10-Jul-11 19:28:13

and stay there....

acatcalledbob Wed 13-Jul-11 15:47:38

I'm on day 5, lost 2.2kg (nearly 5lbs) in the first 4 days, will weigh in tomorrow and post but think I'll keep on with phase 1 until Saturday as I'm not finding it too hard. Cheated a couple of times as DH asked me to make salted caramel macarons for his office this week and couldn't resist tasting one or two, but generally doing OK.

acatcalledbob Thu 14-Jul-11 05:55:27

Ok, down 3kg on the morning of day 6, pretty pleased and will keep going grin

muttimalzwei Fri 29-Jul-11 21:46:04

Hi is anyone still doing the Harcombe diet? I am losing weight at a rate of about 3lbs a week. It's great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now