Talk

Advanced search

The Big Fat List and the Days of Doom (TM) Part II - Revenge of the Diet Dodgers

(952 Posts)
grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 14:41:58

Hi all!

Hope the title is ok - if not, someone else can do another one grin

Hedgepig Tue 28-Jun-11 14:56:02

Hi nice in here Bee. Plonks down grapes, and snack a jacks

grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 15:06:42

I have lots of clementines to pass around smile Anyone for a cuppa?

Big weekly shop tomorrow, so will have more supplies to offer then grin

<fluffs cushions>

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 15:07:53

Nice one bee

Horrible storm here too...boring being stuck in.

<wobbles into room and Passes around scanbran envy (puke emoticon) and mullerlights>

grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 15:11:09

God, does that stuff still exist?

I remember (many years ago) a recipe for a scanbran cake. Scanbran cake! That concept is just so wrong.

redharrington Tue 28-Jun-11 15:44:10

I have never knowingly even looked in the direction of scanbran, it is evil (so I hear) grin

grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 16:37:23

It scours your insides out grin

SlinkyB Tue 28-Jun-11 16:39:35

Yeah, I seem to remember purchasing a pack of Scanbran out of sheer curiousity... that was in 1999 and I could probably still find them at the back of the cupboard wink

How many syns in an Alpen Light bar then cheese?

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 17:03:26

slinky 10 nuts = 4 syns and 1 alpen light bar is 3syns or if you are doing Extra Easy, you can have 2 as your Healthy B.

Nevery tried scanbran, but sounds like something DD is currently producing grin. Could do with having my insides cleared out!

redharrington Tue 28-Jun-11 17:07:53

cheese try prune juice, it has alarming effects on me grin I have searched in vain for the syn value of wasabi peas (M&S) would anyone have a current food directory with it in please? smile

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 17:17:45

Oh, I feel like the syn police today, they are 4.5 syns for one 28g bag. Ouch!

How many syns in prune juice then smile. Can't stand the stuff. Won't bore the oldies with my arse ailments again....

Got me best buddies coming over for dinner tonight. Must. Not. Drink. Icy. Cold. Chablis. With. Them

redharrington Tue 28-Jun-11 17:51:02

I don't look at the syn value of the prune juice as a large glass has spectacular purging effects so I think you just 'rent' it grin

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 17:52:00

Haha awesome! I will invest then!

redharrington Tue 28-Jun-11 18:07:43

You need a big tall glass and it needs to be drank fairly quickly.

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 18:11:33

Oh Lordy! Better save it till DH is around to tend to Dd! Ka-boom...

kid Tue 28-Jun-11 20:18:25

I'll just lay here in the corner quietly. I'm not feeling well, my whole body is aching but that didn't stop me eating Chinese chicken chowmein grin

I've got 18 days left at work before I break up for the summer holidays. I've not had a day off so far and I'm hoping to finish the school year that way. I doubt anyone else has noticed, but I know. Plus while I'm at work it's harder to stuff my face.

At friends house tonight, I was offered biscuits but I declined. What a good girl I was.

I'm off to lay down now, just waiting for the tablets to take effect.

Summerbird73 Tue 28-Jun-11 21:42:32

oo hello <skulks in coyly stuffing face with the 'last of the blue cheese in the fridge'> may i join in?

i joined SW last week, have done it a brazillian times before, lost 2 stone with it 8 years ago and that is because i was doing it properly - last 3 or 4 times i messed around!

anyway i have been trying to shift 2 stone of post baby weight for two years blush i have just looked at a pic of me on the day i had DS and i swear my face looked slimmer then!! blush blush

right so i lost 3.5lb in the first week and am determined to do a steady 1-2lb per week. I have bought a 6 week countdown so could potentially lose a total of a stone by then [hopeful emoticon]

one question - i had homemade parsnip soup today, but can anyone tell me why a homemade soup made entirely of fresh vegetables is counted as syns? something to do with not digesting it the way it is intended - or something hmm

Summerbird73 Tue 28-Jun-11 21:44:53

ooo and i tried scanbran cake once before at a SW 'Taster night' crikey i actually <boaked> in front of everyone - at least my insides were pristine for weeks!

and the activia fat free yoghurts are much nicer than mullerlights

Hedgepig Tue 28-Jun-11 22:37:13

evening, Scatbran ::shudders:: the scatbran cake was the final straw for staying for my SW meetings for me, the consultant had made some and everyone was tasting it saying how lovely it was it reminded me of Stepford Wives. I just go to be weighed and scarper now.

Summerbird I think if you liquidise it it maybe makes it easier to digest and so gains a syn value hmm but I'm a tad cynical about that tbh. I've seen loads of soups on the web site that are free but they are not liquidized. Brazillian??

Kid sorry you are not feeling good, hopefully you will be better tomorrow.

Cheese I think i may be joining you on the prune juice

Hedgepig Tue 28-Jun-11 22:38:43

ahh unless you are doing a Red day then the parsnips are not free cos they are starchy (I think), but the would be free on EE and Green

grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 22:45:12

Ooooh. I have a carton of prune juice in the fridge. Off to look up syn value now and report back... wink

grinningbee Tue 28-Jun-11 22:48:56

Right. 142ml of prune juice is 4 syns. That's got to be worth it though for those "bunged up" weeks... grin

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 22:52:28

Hic! Cheese has drunk too much wine but had a fab evening with her oldest pals! I'm out tomorrow night too with the antenatal girls. But my mates told me I look like I've lost loads, but they'd say that even if I hadn't! ( while they sit there in size 8 skinnies)

Will catch up on Fred in the morning...DoD, I'm gonna be in the naughty cornergrin

Hedgepig Tue 28-Jun-11 22:56:56

wine cheers Cheese

Cheeseandbiscuits Tue 28-Jun-11 23:14:24

wine chin chin hedge..and bodyguard is on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now