Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Started Weight Watchers again start 10st 4 lb anyone want to race me to a stone?

(27 Posts)
sallysquirrel Thu 23-Jun-11 11:51:42

I lost about a stone earlier in the year but gave up and it's creeping back on so decided to have one last bash at it before school holidays. I'm not going to bother with the meetings or paying but try and do it on my own and wondered if anyone wants to join in.
It's not even mid-day and I've had 22/29 points already so looks like fruit for tea.
Gonna be posting on here for moral support when I'm struggling!!!

Pang Fri 24-Jun-11 00:24:09

Hi Sally,
Would love to be your weight loss support.
I gained lots of weight when I started my new job. Lovely staff team and over generous on the cakes in the staff room. Would like to loss a stone but

Pang Fri 24-Jun-11 00:26:50

oops! Sorry about that. Loss some weight but would like to loss another stone. So I'll race you.
Not doing a diet programme just gym and healthy eating.

sallysquirrel Fri 24-Jun-11 17:10:56

Hi Pang think you might win 2 days in and not stuck to my daily allowance yet but not giving up at least I'm now aware of what I'm scoffing!!! Will do better next week - thinking of giving up wine to see if that helps with my will power but have to drink what's in the house first lol!!!

itstheclimb39 Fri 24-Jun-11 20:31:45

hi guys is it too late for me to join? Wine is my downfall, would love to lose a stone x

rathlin Sun 26-Jun-11 07:50:58

Hi, I'd love to join. I started last Monday (went to a meeting) and tracking food online. I have around 1 stone to lose - gained it over past few months and still blaming it on Christmas/holiday/Easter pig-outs!

sallysquirrel Mon 27-Jun-11 01:04:24

Sunday first day managed to stick to 29 points - feeling very smug!!!
Properly starting from tomorrow - NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
Good luck every one.

TartyMcFarty Mon 27-Jun-11 07:38:57

Ok, I'll race too! Starting at 10st 9 after never having got rid of my winter weight gain blush Not able to go to the gym today though - poorly.

sallysquirrel Mon 27-Jun-11 16:47:22

Just had tea and enough points left for very large glass of wine tonight whilst ironing or as l like to call it wironing wink

busymum34 Mon 27-Jun-11 18:51:39

Hi, PLEASE can I join smile
Really want (need) to lose a stone. I had lost half a stone but put it all back on during a 2 week all inclusive holiday and have since put another 3 lb on sad

Feeling pretty crappy about it but have made a big effort to start proper dieting today and would be great to have support here!

busymum34 Mon 27-Jun-11 18:52:14

oh and starting at 11 st 2.

Lovemy2babies Mon 27-Jun-11 19:11:39

Oh go on then smile
Current weight 10 st, 14 pounds to lose ...

No diet

Am running 3 times a week and am trying to low carb...

Pang Tue 28-Jun-11 16:06:01

Loss 1/2 ld since Friday. Then DS bought me a cola and Kitkat out of his own money. Couldn't say No. Damn it! Back to the drawing board. Going to gym to try to level things out. How are you getting on SSquirrel?

Mudwiggle Wed 29-Jun-11 01:26:32

Can I join too? I've got a fair bit of weight to lose and get overwhelmed by it (about 3 stone). The idea of just focusing on the first stone is much better.

I started WW online last week and have lost 1.5kg / 3.3lb. But AF turned up today - thanks to pregnancy first one in over a year - and I now want to eat buttered white toast and drink tea all day. (I should mention that I'm currently on the other side of the world too, hence the need for winter comfort food and midnight posting).

rathlin Wed 29-Jun-11 12:28:00

Hi fellow racers - hope everyone is doing ok. I had my first weigh-in on Monday at WW meeting and have lost 4 pounds so a bit pleased. Doubt it will continue at that rate but aiming for 2 pounds a week. My plan is to join WW for 2 months and at the end of it will have lost 1 stone. It sounds so easy when I write it down.

Not very impressed with the meetings but I am enjoying tracking points etc. online. Have a dinner out tonight so am hoping that I can control myself. My jeans that I bought last year after losing 2.5 stone are loosening up on me again (haven't worn them for weeks) so am hoping that they will be wearable within a couple of weeks. I threw out all my "fat" clothes last year when I lost weight and bought a lot of new stuff. No way am I going out to buy more clothes in a bigger size again and telling myself it doesn't matter.

I have never done WW before so I like the fact that I can eat what I like as long as I stay within the points. I am realising that my biggest downfalls are portion size and too many carbs.

smartyparts Wed 29-Jun-11 12:35:11

Can I join?

Somehow - I am a whopping 10st 9.5 which is more than I weighed when 9 months pg with a 9lb2oz baby!! All of my clothes are er, snug and I really feel like a bloater.

I am 5ft 7 and need to lose at least a stone. I think my weight gain is almost entirely wine as I do a lot of exercise and don't eat too much rubbish.

I am low carbing as I like the strictness of it.

Pang Wed 29-Jun-11 15:31:56

Rathlin, I know what you mean about portion sizes. I eat healthly but need to be aware of the amount.
I have to plan out what I am going to eat during the day otherwise I eat the wrong things (pasta, bread, cheese).

Mudwig - ("I'm currently on the other side of the world, hence the need for winter comfort food and midnight posting)."
Are you in OZ?

busymum34 Wed 29-Jun-11 16:38:55

2 lb gone so far, was 11 stone today smile
I have been writing down the calorie value of EVERY SINGLE thing I eat and drink, it's amazing how many hidden calories there are.
Have cut out bread altogether as it really bloats me.
I am constantly hungry though sad

smartyparts Wed 29-Jun-11 20:32:18

Today I have done a spinning class followed by a 3 mile walk and then ds and I walked for 1hr 45min this evening (partly because we got lost!).

So pleeeease let me have lost a bit tomorrow!

rathlin Thu 30-Jun-11 16:18:04

Had my dinner out last night. It was at a lovely Indian restaurant in central London which did the arty-farty kind of a little bit of food on a huge plate but I think I went a bit overboard on the naan bread and vino. I think I probably used up the rest of yesterday's points (approx 15) plus all of my "extra" 49 pts for the week. No treats for me this weekend.

I am hoping that one night of being a bit naughty has not set me off course. Haven't done too much exercise this week either (just bootcamp on Tuesday) so need to go to gym for rest of week. Really want to have lost 2 pounds by Monday night. The best thing about WW is that their scales weigh lighter than mine and I definitely believe theirs grin

sallysquirrel Sat 02-Jul-11 00:46:04

Terrible effort first week gained a pound now 10st 5 but started again yesterday as it was the first of the month and have given up crisps, cakes and alcohol. Had a very good first day and really determined now!

rathlin Mon 04-Jul-11 23:50:43

Not a great weigh-in...gained half a pound. I know I didn't overeat this week to the extent of gaining weight. I'm trying to convince myself that the 4 pound loss last week was too good to be true and that the half pound gain is my body settling itself! Going to get back on course tomorrow as want to get this weight off. So am 10-12 today. Aim is to be 10-10 this time next week. Will try really hard this week to be good but have a girly shopping trip tomorrow and meal out for my sister's b'day on Sunday. How is everyone else doing?

rathlin Mon 04-Jul-11 23:52:27

hi sally, sorry just noticed your post - you have my symnpathies with your gain. I just get bored eating fruit......nowhere near as filling and yummy as chocolatesmile

Whorulestheroost Tue 05-Jul-11 07:11:13

Keep going, I started ww 6 wks ago (been doing it at home) and have lost 11 lbs to go from 10st lbs to 9st 10 lbs. I really want to get down to 9st. I am going on my holidays in 8 wks so am trying to stay focused. I am the ultimate chocoholic and have found the best way to resist is to not have it in the house! I run around 3-4 times a week and have found this has helped too. Good luck to you all grin

rathlin Tue 05-Jul-11 21:54:39

agree with you whorulestheroose, if it's not in the house, I can't eat it. I try to enforce this rule on my husband but I have come back to home tonight from bootcamp and swimming to find a flapjack traybake in the cupboard. I ignored it and opened a WW yoghurt (1 pt). I had day off work today but am back in again tomorrow. Wasn't too bad today given that it was a day out but easier to keep things under control when at work and not have to make too many decisions about food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now