Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World -

(2 Posts)
mrskbpw Mon 20-Jun-11 12:53:56

I lost 3st last year with WeightWatchers - I've been a fan of WW forever and find it really easy. BUT I can't get on with the new ProPoints system at all; I'm hungry, feel deprived and resentful and end up eating more.

So after six months of false starts on WW - and trying to go it alone with old points - and piling at least a stone back on, I've decided to try Slimming World. I've heard lots of good stuff about it from people 'in real life' (my sister in law especially lost about 2st five years ago and has never regained it, even through two pregnancies) but have seen some negative responses on here.

Anyway, firstly I wanted to know was what are the meetings like? The one I'm going to try starts at 7pm, but I don't get home until 6.45pm so chances are I'm going to be at least 10 minutes late. I know at my old WW meeting this wouldn't have mattered at all as it's all weighing in to begin with - is SW the same?

I am not a natural 'joiner in' and dreaded going to WW meetings, but they were actually very friendly and I found them really helpful. Hoping SW is the same as I need to get this weight off asap.

Does anyone have any opinions - good or bad - on SW? x

vtechvoyager Mon 20-Jun-11 21:42:21

I do SW and I love it. I lost a lot years ago and then had my 2DC and put a lot back on so now losing it all again for a second time.

SW meetings start with the weighing, usually 2 helpers do the money and the scales whilst the SW rep talks to any new members, gives them their packs/books etc. You all sit down in a circle, usually with a table somewhere with recipe ideas and similar that you can look at, whilst everyone else weighs in too. Then the SW starts the group bit, speaks to everyone in turn, seeing how they have done this week with it, any problems they can help with etc. Usually if someone has lost weight, once the rep says 'XXX has lost 2lb' then everyone claps - thats the only bit of it I don't like - too cheesy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now