Talk

Advanced search

Help 6 weeks to hols - need to lose a stone (at least) !!

(6 Posts)
katiewins22 Sun 19-Jun-11 10:32:44

Hello I have 6 weeks to hols - who could recommend something easy which fits in with family life and will help me to lose a stone or maybe a bit more.

I have recently tried cambridge but really couldnt cope with no food and when I did deviate and eat I had terrible stomach cramps - I realise no food isnt good anyway. Dont think it helps that the cambridge counsellor is a bit overweight (i am being kind) - doesnt make me feel inspired.

So now I am looking for hints and tips - recomeendations for fast but realistic weight losss - otherwise will have to wear a large kaftan for 2 weeks this summer grin thanks k.

Shaxx Sun 19-Jun-11 15:09:22

If you want to do it yourself ie without joining ww, slimming world etc and don't want to spend extra money, then I suggest logging on to www.myfitnesspal.com/ to get your calorie allowance and strictly log your calories every day.
Stick to fruit for snacks and healthy meals. Try BBCgoodfood for tasty but healthy meals.
Try to fit in exercise 4 times a week.

A stone in 6 weeks is very doable.

Good luck.

JelliBelli Sun 19-Jun-11 21:48:05

Hi Katiewins, I'm sure you've seen reference to 30 Day Shred on MN but it was great for me. I lost inches by following it each day for 30 days (approx. 3 inches from each of bust, waist and hips). I did not lose many lbs as I could feel the muscles grow as the flab melted - at least for the first few weeks.

But I didn't diet hard but just 'cleaned' my diet up a bit and dropped some carbs. I haven't done myfitnesspal but many have and have been successful with it as there is no hiding what you have eaten or any lack of exercise!

The DVD takes just 20 minutes a day for 30 days and that's it - unless you get hooked like many of us once you have seen the results and take on more Jillian Michaels challenges.

I reckon with 30 Day Shred and myfitnesspal you are almost certain to shift some lbs and definitelyinches within your 6 weeks!

Naetha Mon 20-Jun-11 08:50:05

I'd definitely recommend the 30 day shred. It's done wonders for my fitness levels, and reduced my waistline.

In most people though, exercise is responsible for only 20% of weight loss, so nutrition is really important.

There are 3 main ways to lose the weight. Low carb, low fat, or low calorie (which combines elements of both). It might be that one of the 'fad' diets works well for you (and I don't mean fad in a bad way) and fits in with your lifestyle. If not, it's very easy to watch what you eat without joining aslimming club, and it's much more sustainable if you regulate yourself.

I lost 3 and a half stone last year through a combination of calorie counting, low carbing, and using Alli. I'm currently trying to lose the last half stone by low carbing again, as this is what gives me the quickest weight loss over a short period of time.

I would recommend a site like www.foodfocus.com to give you an idea of how many calories you need to achieve your desired weight loss. I find it very useful to just have an idea of how many calories are in things, as it may allow you to make small changes that can have a big effect.

Good luck!

katiewins22 Wed 22-Jun-11 10:12:40

Thanks for those messages.

I will have a look at my fitness pal tonight.

I have read lots of posts about 30 day shred but in the past I have bought Davina/Rosemary COnley DVDs etc etc but struggle to stick to them. I am more of an outdooor person and get a decent walk in most days - and a a couple of hour long walks twice a week (at a fast pace).

I just seem to have got into a habit of constantly nibbling. As I said tried Cambridge and this helped a bit but I know it isnt ideal.

Will start thinking before I eat!! Thanks for advice.

K.

AvonCallingBarksdale Wed 22-Jun-11 20:47:29

I also want to lose a stone in teh next 6 weeks. In the past, I've had good results on low fat diets. Basically nothing over 5% fat content, which is easy to follow. Also try not drinking alcohol and stick to water rather than squash or juice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now