Talk

Advanced search

Help with low carb Indian meal choices....

(6 Posts)
SpotsMumSally Sat 18-Jun-11 14:53:51

I am going for an Indian meal tonight with some girl friends, does anyone have any advice on what to order? I was thinking of dry Chicken tikka and after that I'm stuck....

Pekkala Sat 18-Jun-11 14:59:05

I normally go for a prawn curry of some type (either with a tomatoey or coconutty sauce) - dopiaza or rojan josh
And a couple of sides - mushroom bhaji (the curry type not the battered 'onion bhaji' sort), a cauliflour curry, brinjal bhaji, or sometimes sag panir (though this can sometimes taste very sweet).
With all the side dishes I don't mind not having rice or nan, and it's so nice not to feel bloaty afterwards.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 18-Jun-11 14:59:53

Sheek kebab
Chicken Shashlick (essentially a chicken skewer with tomatoes and peppers)
Chicken tandoori (and any other meat/fish done in the tandoor)
Spinach, mushroom and/or cauliflower bhaji

SpotsMumSally Sat 18-Jun-11 15:53:41

Ta muchly! I knew I could count on MN low carbers. Now I just have to wait and see if they have those dishes on the menu.

I can only see onion bhajis on the take away menu, maybe the restaurant will be different. I was tempted to ring them but DH says I'll sound slightly crazy.

BecauseImWorthIt Sat 18-Jun-11 16:23:40

Nothing wrong with ringing them, IMO!

Just to clarify though, spinach/mushroom/cauliflower bhajis are all vegetable curries, not something coated in batter/deep fried like an onion bhaji

SpotsMumSally Sat 18-Jun-11 18:11:41

Oh I see, I'll be safe enough sticking with the chicken dishes then I think....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now