Talk

Advanced search

Pig to Twig is fantastic - it has worked for me!

(8 Posts)
goldenbaby Fri 17-Jun-11 19:07:09

I started Pig to Twig (India and Neris's diet) four months ago following the birth of DS. I weighed 13st.

I just want to tell everyone that I now weigh my target weight of 10st 12 and the diet has been brilliant.

I have tried every diet going and struggled with my weight all my adult life. This is the first time I have managed to actually achieve my target weight on any diet.

It has been easy to stick to, and I feel it will be easy to maintain. It is great for eating out - it is very obvious what dishes will work for the diet.

I haven't really exercised much beyond pram pushing :-)

Just wanted to share how glad I am with my new figure and how I did it! And I might periodically update to make sure I maintain it!

littledolly Fri 17-Jun-11 20:39:05

Well done goldenbaby! That's fantastic! I don't think I've ever looked into Pig to Twig, what's it all about?

goldenbaby Sat 18-Jun-11 00:55:17

It's basically low carb / high fat like lots of other diets so I know not everyone will like it. I have seen it mentioned on a few threads previously and people not complementary!

I suppose I just wanted to add my experiences for balance.

littledolly Sat 18-Jun-11 08:31:00

That's great. I'm trying to low carb at the minute too as was feeling really sluggish all the time. I really do feel better on it. Am following Anna Richardson's Body Blitz now, but am bridesmaid in August so may look into Pig to Twig for a little boost if I'm not where I want to be coming up to then. Good luck with your maintaining!

foreverondiet Sun 19-Jun-11 18:32:38

Well done, what great weight loss.

FWIW I tried it but it didn't really work for me as I got totally constipated even with the psylium husk they recommended, I need a lot more fibre that it allows to keep me moving. I have done lowish carb, lowish fat instead.

goldenbaby Mon 20-Jun-11 09:50:23

Agreed re psyllium husk! I work it by buying loose psyllium husk rather than the capsules and I eat a tablespoonful in natural yoghurt each day. That's obviously a lot more than two capsules' worth and it works great.

goldenbaby Mon 20-Jun-11 09:50:25

Agreed re psyllium husk! I work it by buying loose psyllium husk rather than the capsules and I eat a tablespoonful in natural yoghurt each day. That's obviously a lot more than two capsules' worth and it works great.

OpusProSerenus Mon 20-Jun-11 10:40:25

I love the food on Pig to Twig and haven't suffered with the dreaded constipation (if anything I've gone the other way) but am really struggling with not having fruit. I have a lot of weight to lose and so would be facing months and months of the first phase before I could relax it to the next phase.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now