Talk

Advanced search

I need some Weightwatchers encouragement

(10 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 04:52:31

I have lost 18.6lbs since January on Weightwatchers. I was doing so well but have been the same for three weeks now. Basically, I was used to all my lovely BFing points (14 extra!!!). Now I don't have all of them (DD has started solids) and I am still eating them blush. I really want to lose the baby and too many pies weight but I have stalled.

Please help me out and give me some tips to motivate me. I essentially need to cut out 7 points and I'm still hungry and tired all the time.

I really want my 20lbs off!!! I have until my weigh in next Tuesday to lose 1.4lbs to get it.

SittingBull Wed 15-Jun-11 05:03:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 15:36:02

I do feel good about my 18lbs. That is DD so I know when I carry her how much weight that is!

I was eating all my BFing points and the weight was dropping off without a whole lot of effort from me grin. I could basically eat three proper meals, cheat a couple of times a week and still come in at my points.

I think there are two real problems. I need to drop 7 points a day (and stop kidding myself that I can eat the 14 extras still). I am in a baby/tot Weightwatchers group and have noticed that a lot of women do seem to plateau anyway when they start solids. So, it could be a bit of that too.

foreverondiet Wed 15-Jun-11 16:05:57

How about upping the exercise? DO 30 day shred each night?!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 21:35:30

That was DH's suggestion. He got Turbojam (or some such nonsense). How many points would 1/2 hour of that get me? 7 points (she says hopefully)?

SittingBull Thu 16-Jun-11 06:01:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foreverondiet Thu 16-Jun-11 10:02:32

I didn't do weightwatchers, but I did start dieting just at the point that I introduced solids to DS2 and cut back on BFing to twice a day as I was going back to work. He was 5.5 months old.

I did tesco diets totals plan (similar to WW I think) and didn't get any extra for the partial breastfeeding I was still doing, and I found my weight loss was really quick, consistently loosing 2lbs a week (a bit more in the first 2 weeks), for weeks and weeks on end - until my weight was in the "healthy" range. I exercised every day either gym or something on the wii.

Eatingwise it was roughly 1400 calories a day (17 totals), reduced to 15 totals (roughly 1200 calories) when I got under 11 stone.

I actually found it EASIER once I cut back on the feeding as I was no longer starving the whole time in the way I was when I was EBF. If you are hungry try filling up more on low calorie filling foods eg lots of veggies!

I agree with sittingbull stop the extra points and do the extra exercise! How much more do you have to go?

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 16-Jun-11 20:00:01

I could stand to lose another 20 pounds so about halfway. Thanks for the suggestions. I will get off my a* and also drinking water is a really good idea.

I have arranged walks with two friends and DH is digging out a DVD to work out at home.

Thanks!

wizzler Thu 16-Jun-11 23:17:45

Come over to the WW thread... they will bully encourage you there if you start to slip.

Also, when you feel hungry, eat something like a banana, carrot etc... once you have done it for a couple of days it wont seem so bad!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 17-Jun-11 04:28:06

I will do. DH has cut up a load of carrots and celery and put it in the fridge. I have no excuses now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: