Talk

Advanced search

I need some Weightwatchers encouragement

(10 Posts)
MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 04:52:31

I have lost 18.6lbs since January on Weightwatchers. I was doing so well but have been the same for three weeks now. Basically, I was used to all my lovely BFing points (14 extra!!!). Now I don't have all of them (DD has started solids) and I am still eating them blush. I really want to lose the baby and too many pies weight but I have stalled.

Please help me out and give me some tips to motivate me. I essentially need to cut out 7 points and I'm still hungry and tired all the time.

I really want my 20lbs off!!! I have until my weigh in next Tuesday to lose 1.4lbs to get it.

SittingBull Wed 15-Jun-11 05:03:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 15:36:02

I do feel good about my 18lbs. That is DD so I know when I carry her how much weight that is!

I was eating all my BFing points and the weight was dropping off without a whole lot of effort from me grin. I could basically eat three proper meals, cheat a couple of times a week and still come in at my points.

I think there are two real problems. I need to drop 7 points a day (and stop kidding myself that I can eat the 14 extras still). I am in a baby/tot Weightwatchers group and have noticed that a lot of women do seem to plateau anyway when they start solids. So, it could be a bit of that too.

foreverondiet Wed 15-Jun-11 16:05:57

How about upping the exercise? DO 30 day shred each night?!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 15-Jun-11 21:35:30

That was DH's suggestion. He got Turbojam (or some such nonsense). How many points would 1/2 hour of that get me? 7 points (she says hopefully)?

SittingBull Thu 16-Jun-11 06:01:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

foreverondiet Thu 16-Jun-11 10:02:32

I didn't do weightwatchers, but I did start dieting just at the point that I introduced solids to DS2 and cut back on BFing to twice a day as I was going back to work. He was 5.5 months old.

I did tesco diets totals plan (similar to WW I think) and didn't get any extra for the partial breastfeeding I was still doing, and I found my weight loss was really quick, consistently loosing 2lbs a week (a bit more in the first 2 weeks), for weeks and weeks on end - until my weight was in the "healthy" range. I exercised every day either gym or something on the wii.

Eatingwise it was roughly 1400 calories a day (17 totals), reduced to 15 totals (roughly 1200 calories) when I got under 11 stone.

I actually found it EASIER once I cut back on the feeding as I was no longer starving the whole time in the way I was when I was EBF. If you are hungry try filling up more on low calorie filling foods eg lots of veggies!

I agree with sittingbull stop the extra points and do the extra exercise! How much more do you have to go?

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 16-Jun-11 20:00:01

I could stand to lose another 20 pounds so about halfway. Thanks for the suggestions. I will get off my a* and also drinking water is a really good idea.

I have arranged walks with two friends and DH is digging out a DVD to work out at home.

Thanks!

wizzler Thu 16-Jun-11 23:17:45

Come over to the WW thread... they will bully encourage you there if you start to slip.

Also, when you feel hungry, eat something like a banana, carrot etc... once you have done it for a couple of days it wont seem so bad!

MrsTerryPratchett Fri 17-Jun-11 04:28:06

I will do. DH has cut up a load of carrots and celery and put it in the fridge. I have no excuses now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now