Talk

Advanced search

Low Carb/Low Fat/WW/Paul McKenna - HELP!!!

(5 Posts)
lazyfish Tue 14-Jun-11 09:01:11

I really want to lose a stone to get under 10 st before the Summer hols as my weight has been creeping up gradually and I no longer feel comfortable in anything other than jeans and smock tops.
My problem is I never know which diet to follow, have had some success with low carb in the past but can't help thinking it can't be good to eat that way for the long term and find it hard to sustain (especially breakfasts). I do like the fact that it's clear cut and I know what I can and can't eat, and unlike WW there's no points counting, weighing or calorie counting.
I really enjoy cooking and eating with the family and find low fat diets really boring. I've read PAul McKenna and I struggle with the 'eat what you want when you want' part, because invariably I want cheese and cake and lots of it!! I end up switching half-heartedly between diets and of course, get nowhere except fed up.
I suppose my question is, would it be feasible to do low-carb for a few weeks to lose a bit of weight and then just eat healthily and less or would re-introducing carbs just cause the weight to go back on?

foreverondiet Tue 14-Jun-11 09:47:30

I think it depends what sort of carbs you are planning to introduce.

If its sensible sized portions of wholegrain carbs & fruit then no, you will not gain the weight. If its sugar and refined carbs, esp in larger quantities, then yes you will gain.

TalkingKids Sat 18-Jun-11 08:53:32

Have a look at Low GI - they aren't aimed at weight lose but you can lose weight as don't eat as much - I introduced to my whole family a couple of weeks ago to stop sugar highs and lows in special needs son (which worked) have found I'm less bloated and less likely to snack

ppeatfruit Sat 18-Jun-11 11:28:34

The thing with Paul mc. is that you eat SLOWLY to really taste the food; you find that you don't want to eat SXXX 'cos it tastes horrible. I've lost 2 stone and am maintaining which doesn't happen with the other diets!

lazyfish Sun 19-Jun-11 22:07:30

Just wanted to say thanks for your replies, will revisit Paul McKenna again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now