Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone pondering over trying slimming world like me?

(11 Posts)
Candid Mon 13-Jun-11 21:12:34

I'm going to be following their 7 day menu on their website to see if its for me.
Anyone care to join me?
It would be great to find someone who is willing to follow it to the letter (swapping meals allowed) for encouragement and kicks up the derriere grin

I'm going to start on Sunday so that will give me time to go shopping and plan my week. I also have nothing in the diary for that week too so no excuses.

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 13-Jun-11 21:17:26

I am not pondering but I am a member and I will give the thumbs up for it, it is a real-life plan that anyone can stick to and if you do the plan for a week you'll be amazed at your weight loss. The thing I love about SW is that I never feel hungry as there is so much that I can fill p on and I never feel as though I am restricting myself. If I want a drink, I'll have one, a piece of chocolate cake? Yes. A packet of crisps and a slice of pizza? no probs!

It is my 2nd time to do it and I lost 5stone from my last pregnancy weight gain blush and the same again this time blush blush If only I could stick to it during pregnancy! It really works so give it a go, you'll enjoy it. By the way I only have a stone left to lose and I've only being doing it for 3mths!

Candid Mon 13-Jun-11 21:20:18

Wow, I just can't get my head around that you can eat as much as you want on certain foods like pasta, rice, potatoes. They're carbs for goodness sake! The stuff we're told to avoid for good weight loss.

OpusProSerenus Mon 13-Jun-11 21:24:27

I'm going to try Pig2Twig again starting tomorrow but if I don't see some results I may well join you next week as I have done SW before and it worked well then.

Oddly the thing I hate about it is having to have Syns, once I have a bit of something naughty I just want more and more. I'd sooner go cold turkey!

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 13-Jun-11 21:25:29

Yes it is hard to get out of that mentality isn't it? But there is clever psychology behind it as well as proven science and it truly works. Just eat enough of the free foods untill you're satisfied. They are fillling yet low in fat so it's difficult to overeat and by removing the 'guilt' associated with eating until we are full, it stops you from sabotaging yourself. Make sure that you do have your 5-15 Syns per day as they are part of the plan and stop you from being too strict on yourself.

Candid Mon 13-Jun-11 21:29:29

Good luck with pig2twig OpusProSerenus. Can I just ask why you're not doing slimming world if it worked before? just curious but tell me to mind my own if you like smile

MumPotNoodle Mon 13-Jun-11 21:33:25

I'm considering it although it seems almost too good to be true with all of those carbs.

Candid Mon 13-Jun-11 21:38:45

Only one way to find out MumPotNoodle smile
Have a look at the diet plan on their site. It loooks good to me. I'll be doing the vegetarian one.

MumPotNoodle Mon 13-Jun-11 21:40:34

I have all the information and more grin.....just need to take the leap from no carbing to carb overload!!

Candid Mon 13-Jun-11 21:43:04

It does look like carb overload. On day 1 lunch is a big jacket potato and dinner is spaghetti bolognese shock

MumPotNoodle Mon 13-Jun-11 21:48:23

yep, seen the plan......my problem is I get a 10 minute lunchbreak with no cooking facilities, planning is the key grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now