Talk

Advanced search

No willpower :-(

(11 Posts)
Geordieminx Sun 12-Jun-11 18:01:49

I am overweight, I desperately need to loose the 2 stone, that I have put on since Oct 09.

In this time I must have been on a diet every other month. sad I start off really well, loose almost a stone in 3-4 weeks then we have a weekend away/celebration/whatever, I fall off the diet wagon and put the weight back on again.

It is making me desperately unhappy, I see pictures of myself and I look like some huge big moon face.

I have tried every diet under the sun, it's just the will power to stick to it that I can't find.

My clothes are uncomfortable, and its getting to a stage where I actually hate myself. My mum is morbidly obese (size 30 Ish) and I am terrified of ending up like that... And I know that if I don't rake action now then eventually I will.

Sorry, I don't actually know what I am asking, but just needed an outlet. sad

foreverondiet Sun 12-Jun-11 18:20:09

Have you tried Paul McKenna?

Geordieminx Sun 12-Jun-11 18:59:02

No, have seen it talked about on here... How does it work? Is it a cd?

foreverondiet Sun 12-Jun-11 19:16:24

Its a book with a CD. Really helps with willpower.

I have used it in conjunction with calorie counting to help willpower but effective without - lots of fasting moving threads on it - ask there whether they think it would help.

In terms of falling off the wagon, I find it better if I plan to fall off - eg its a celebration, going to cheat and then on Monday will restart etc.

Lucewheel Sun 12-Jun-11 19:33:34

sad GMM
You are a very attractive and lovely lady.
I need to drop a stone aswell if you want a shred/ slimming buddy?
So sorry that you are feeling low. I have been finding it difficult to motivate myself especially after work and running around after the dcs. We are going away in around 6 weeks, do you have a date to work for too?

Geordieminx Sun 12-Jun-11 20:19:55

Thanks Luce, although I think that's half the problem. I do think of myself as being pretty, but at the moment because I feel so fat, the prettieness has gone. I don't feel pretty or attractive at all. Ever.

No date in mind, had wanted to loose before holidays and friends' wedding but they are both in the past now sad

Have shred DVD, so will start that, and will look into Paul McKenna. Don't know whether to try Dukan again or just stick with low fat, low cal diet...

MadameGazelle Sun 12-Jun-11 20:38:27

Have you read "Potatoes not Prozac", I've lost 10lbs in a month by virtually eliminating sugar from my diet, am less hungry, feel fuller eating smaller portions and am not stuck in the endless starvation/overeating cycle for the first time in my life. It's a really interesting book which explains how sugar addiction can cause you to overeat and find it imposdible to lose weight. For the first time ever I don't feel like I'm on a diet and honestly don't want to eat sweets, chocolate, coke etc. Only 1.5 stones more to go grin

PS I got my copy for about £2.50 on Amazon HTH smile

MadameGazelle Sun 12-Jun-11 20:39:00

Ebay not Amazon blush

BelleEnd Sun 12-Jun-11 20:43:57

Oh Geordie. sad I know exactly how you feel. It's as if you subconciously do everything you can to undo your hard work.

The one thing that has made a difference to me is joining a thread on here. I am on the Nothing Tastes As Good As Being Slim Feels one, and when I have had a few days off, they always pull me back and make me realize it really is worth going back. I have never ever been able to do that without them. Also, I list my food intake at the end of each day, and having that look good and healthy on the screen is something that really spurs me on.

Lucewheel Sun 12-Jun-11 20:45:24

Hi GM
You sound so low sad wish I was still up there to see you.
I am going to start the shred tomorrow so will report back.
I am also going to try low carbs, no butter/cheese and no snacks and see how it goes. I have no clue what the Dukan diet is but it sounds painful.

howold Mon 13-Jun-11 17:07:27

I was in exactly the same position but with 3 stone going off and on for 8 years.

For me the breakthrough was Ian Marber, The Food Doctor.
On the way I read and tried EVERYTHING

Once I had sorted out the sugar rollercoaster I had it cracked, no willpower needed. When I fancy a packet of biscuits I quickly have a snack of protein, carbs and good fats, voila, craving gone.

Frankly it transformed my life, I have NO WILLPOWER, and depending on it meant I was never going to lose weight.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: