Talk

Advanced search

Losing the post-baby paunch- how?!

(6 Posts)
Moltisanti Sat 11-Jun-11 12:25:36

I recently completed my weight loss goal since having ds in September- I got down to 9.5 stone, size 12 and am quite happy with that. Weight Watchers Pro Points were brilliant.

However, the bane of my life is my massive post-baby paunch! I just have a huge roll of skin/ flab that sticks out through clothes and I feel really self conscious about it.

Can anyone tell me how you got rid of your post-baby tummies and how long it took?

create Sat 11-Jun-11 21:58:24

I developed abs, for the first time in my life, after having DC. They appeared becasue I had a very big heavy tandem pushchair and every time I had to push down on the handle to get it up a kurb was like doing curches. I did a lot of walking with that pram.

I've kept them by doingthis excercise a couple of times a day

Rosemallow Sat 11-Jun-11 22:03:09

I'm very jealous create!
I have a huge tandem pram and two porky heavy DC but I still have no abs to speak of!
In fact, my tummy was amazing pre-DC but it resembles a stretched, flabby blob now.
Might be down to the ben and jerry's daily ice cream though I suppose! smile
Am going to try doing the plank - how often and for how long pdo you do it?

create Sat 11-Jun-11 22:10:09

I do it morning and eve and can manage about 50 seconds now, but 10 seconds seems like a very long time in the beginning!

Rosemallow Sat 11-Jun-11 22:14:23

Wow! That sounds good going to me! Will have to do it when DD is not around or I imagine I'll end up as 'horsey'! smile

foreverondiet Sat 11-Jun-11 23:17:38

Moltsanti: the best way to get rid of belly fat is to follow a very low sugar, low refined carbs diet, something like the south beach diet, or the holford diet, or harcombe diet so no ben and jerrys.

Also need abs exercise like plank to strengthen abdominal muscles - also 30 day shred has great abs exercises.

My stomach is totally flat, with good definition despite having 3 DC (DC3 is 14 months), although now am under 9 stone and am size 10. Didn't start with weight loss until he was 6 months old, took 5-6 months (over 3 stone), fat everywhere, including tummy. Skin is a bit crinkly under belly button though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: