Talk

Advanced search

is this just a bloody con? WW pro points

(13 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:18:59

i did ww for years. bought all the products - the calculator, the tape measure, the eating out guide, the shopping guide.....the whole kit an fucking caboodle

so now they decide to change the whole points system

i REFUSE to join again. pay again and pay yet again for all the new guides etc.

what was wrong with the old points system? it worked. it cost me a sodding fortune. and then the bastards just go and change it all again....

pissed off.

GooGooMuck Fri 10-Jun-11 22:21:45

can't you just do the old system still?

Why are you pissed off? I don't get the weigh yourself in a big room thing, I can weigh myself in someone else's bathroom (and do... I haven't got any scales in my house)

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 22:21:48

No it's much better - I did it years ago too and now been doing the new one (ProPoints) for 4 weeks - lost 8lbs so far and it's easier

do it online £30 for 3 months, don't need to do the meetings and everythings on the computer

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 10-Jun-11 22:25:54

but i spent ££££ on the old one and im just a bit pissed off that now, when i look in my eating out guide its not current any more cos they changed it...and no doubt they will change it again.

its not rocket science is it. really

eat sensible food. cut out booze. exercise. lose weight. bollocks to them. i can do it without paying. i refuse to pay again.
ill just use the old calculator and stick with the old points system.

activate Fri 10-Jun-11 22:26:57

fine

good luck

I find that I need something new otherwise I feel I know it all, cheat and fail

wizzler Sat 11-Jun-11 15:50:14

Some people are sticking with the old method, and are happy with it.

I agree with Activate, the new way works better for me... and its not as if they change the formula every five minutes is it.. the old points process was going for at least 12 years to my knowledge.. you would expect them to have done more research and updated it by then, surely?

jasper Sat 11-Jun-11 15:54:06

activate and wizzler, why is the new method easier/better?

wizzler Sat 11-Jun-11 17:00:06

For me, its because fruit and most veg are free... so when I am feeling hungry, I can eat something.. under the old method, an apple or a banana would have used up valuable points.

I have been doing the new method since 2nd week in Jan and lost nearly 2 stone...have lost consistently every week. Am now within 4 pounds of goal. grin

Tommy Sat 11-Jun-11 17:08:10

it is a business therefore they want to make money.
they can't do that if they don't keep making new stuff
just eat less and do more
grin

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 11-Jun-11 20:06:55

actually they have altered the formula twice since i started - they did the old points system then changed it to the one where you had free food then changed it back then changed it to pro points.

so i refuse to pay again. i am eating less and running more.

jasper Sun 12-Jun-11 00:25:31

But what I don't get it WW are not in charge of body biochemistry or=f the masses.

`How can they, tinkering with the margins of their diet plan, make it easier or harder to lose weight?

as an experiment, add up what you are eating nowadays, using the old points system. If you are losing weight, you can't be eating more "old " points than you were meant to under the old plan , can you? Just because WW reshape the system you canny change the laws of physics, no?

OpusProSerenus Sun 12-Jun-11 00:31:02

I first did WW in South Africa in the 1980s when it was almost low-carb. I then tried it again after having the DCs and was fecking starving as they'd changed it so much.

It all comes down to money I'm afraid. You can't keep charging people for stuff they know. WW have to reinvent the wheel every few years or nobody would pay them

jasper Sun 12-Jun-11 01:46:38

I recall a post on her from someone in a panic because they had come from NZ where a teaspoon of olive oil was i point but here in the UK it was 2.

that's just ridiculous. If "counting " a tsp of oil as 1 point has been working for you, keep going. The laws of physics don't change because you cross the ocean/ WW says so.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: