Talk

Advanced search

Knackered knees . Shredding and loving it. Any ideas how I can keep fit without hurting my knees

(6 Posts)
perfectmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 22:07:10

Loving the shred and recently bought a step machine which I also enjoy but having trouble with my knees which seem ti be getting worse the more excersise I do. How can I maintain the excersise and take the pressure off my knees?? Any ideas of how I can adapt the shred??

nothruroad Wed 08-Jun-11 22:20:13

I have joint problems in my knees and am doing shred. I just pace and really swing my arms during the cardio bits. I don't go deeply into the other moves. I've also just got Tracey Anderson's mat workout which I'm finding a lot gentler.

Beachcomber Thu 09-Jun-11 08:17:54

I have bad knees too and I absolutely cannot run for example.

I also have started the Tracy Anderson Mat workout and love it. It was recommended to me for being gentle on knees and ankles (works your hips though).

Also a great tip for cardio is to do it on a rebounder/mini trampoline.

I have never done Shred so I don't know what the exercises are like but maybe you could do some of them on a rebounder?

perfectmummy Thu 09-Jun-11 12:06:45

brilliant! Just what I needed to know. Shall see if I can get a copy and see how it goes

Beachcomber Thu 09-Jun-11 12:13:52

I have been doing the Tracy Anderson Mat workout for just a couple of weeks but I feel the difference already. She also has a post pregnancy dvd which is supposed to be great for abs - I have just ordered it too (even though I'm not PP - DD2 is 4).

I don't do the dance cardio (another dvd) properly at all - would kill my knees. I just mess around on the rebounder, working up a sweat and upping my heart rate.

Just to let you know perfectmummy - some people don't really like Tracy's dvds because she doesn't speak much and doesn't count reps. Personally I have found that to be a plus- I don't like being heckled when I'm concentrating on my butt being kicked into shape!

Let us know how you get on.

perfectmummy Fri 17-Jun-11 20:53:41

OMG !!! Have just done the mat workout and bloody hell I hurt!! Love it though. Very differnet from Jillian b ut still good.
My initial concern (other than not being able to move tomorrow) is that it is quite time consuming and if I do it 4-6 times a week I really don't think I can fit the cardio dance DVD in as well. Anyone been doing just the mat workout??
Do you think i will still get results???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now