Talk

Advanced search

Knackered knees . Shredding and loving it. Any ideas how I can keep fit without hurting my knees

(6 Posts)
perfectmummy Wed 08-Jun-11 22:07:10

Loving the shred and recently bought a step machine which I also enjoy but having trouble with my knees which seem ti be getting worse the more excersise I do. How can I maintain the excersise and take the pressure off my knees?? Any ideas of how I can adapt the shred??

nothruroad Wed 08-Jun-11 22:20:13

I have joint problems in my knees and am doing shred. I just pace and really swing my arms during the cardio bits. I don't go deeply into the other moves. I've also just got Tracey Anderson's mat workout which I'm finding a lot gentler.

Beachcomber Thu 09-Jun-11 08:17:54

I have bad knees too and I absolutely cannot run for example.

I also have started the Tracy Anderson Mat workout and love it. It was recommended to me for being gentle on knees and ankles (works your hips though).

Also a great tip for cardio is to do it on a rebounder/mini trampoline.

I have never done Shred so I don't know what the exercises are like but maybe you could do some of them on a rebounder?

perfectmummy Thu 09-Jun-11 12:06:45

brilliant! Just what I needed to know. Shall see if I can get a copy and see how it goes

Beachcomber Thu 09-Jun-11 12:13:52

I have been doing the Tracy Anderson Mat workout for just a couple of weeks but I feel the difference already. She also has a post pregnancy dvd which is supposed to be great for abs - I have just ordered it too (even though I'm not PP - DD2 is 4).

I don't do the dance cardio (another dvd) properly at all - would kill my knees. I just mess around on the rebounder, working up a sweat and upping my heart rate.

Just to let you know perfectmummy - some people don't really like Tracy's dvds because she doesn't speak much and doesn't count reps. Personally I have found that to be a plus- I don't like being heckled when I'm concentrating on my butt being kicked into shape!

Let us know how you get on.

perfectmummy Fri 17-Jun-11 20:53:41

OMG !!! Have just done the mat workout and bloody hell I hurt!! Love it though. Very differnet from Jillian b ut still good.
My initial concern (other than not being able to move tomorrow) is that it is quite time consuming and if I do it 4-6 times a week I really don't think I can fit the cardio dance DVD in as well. Anyone been doing just the mat workout??
Do you think i will still get results???

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: