Talk

Advanced search

Compare the Plans

(3 Posts)
skippy84 Tue 07-Jun-11 11:45:05

Hi All, thought it might be interesting seeing as so many of us are doing different plans on here to compare stats.

I'll start: I'm doing WW pro-points with walking and zumba for exercise. I have been doing it for 7 weeks and have lost 23lbs. Start weight 14.6 and height is 5ft 7

foreverondiet Tue 07-Jun-11 12:07:42

I don't think you can compare and say one is better than another, for various reasons -

a) compliance, some are better at sticking / not cheating that others, also some eat exercise / weekly points some don't, some choose heathy snacks others just worry about the calorie/point content even on same "plan".
b) weight loss will depend on what you have to loose - ie loosing 23lb with a start weight of 14.6 will be quicker than loosing 23lbs with a start weight of 11.4 or 10.4. Or loosing 23lbs with a WW start weight of 14.6 but 2 stone lost on something else immediately previously (loose more quickly at start of diet) will be slower as well.
c) Different people have different time/money/opnions etc at their disposal in respect of exercise.
d) some people have medical conditions eg pcos / candida which make loosing weight harder no matter what plan.

That all being said 23lb in 7 weeks is very impressive, well done.

skippy84 Tue 07-Jun-11 12:51:12

I agree with your points but honeslty I wasn't looking for valid statistics just a straw poll out of curiosity.

Re. your first point I think compliance is part of the sucess of a plan i.e. how likely are you to stick with a plan like WW v's the Dukan v's Atkins etc. I think an important part of an eating plan is how maintainable it is in the long term and how well it fits into your life.

Re. your second point I agree that start weight is very important which is why I included mine.

Thirdly I agree that people use different methods and have different opinions which is why I thought a comparison between these methods would be interesting

Finally I am aware that there are (admittledly very few) medical conditions that can interfere with weight loss but as I said I'm not interested in publishing a research paper, just curious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now