Talk

Advanced search

A question of calories....

(5 Posts)
headfairy Mon 06-Jun-11 18:30:49

I'm doing MFP and going great guns. My question is if I eat my calorie allowance for the day does it matter massively if I go over my protein allowance? Obviously I'm trying to stick to it as much as possible because I'm assuming it means my diet is more balanced, but I do seem to end up going over my protein levels most days (and occasionally my fat allowance too blush)

foreverondiet Mon 06-Jun-11 19:44:01

Personally i think thats quite a good thing (going over for proteins or fats) - I'd worry if you were going over for carbs though. I have changed the ratios to encourage me to have more proteins and fats.

headfairy Mon 06-Jun-11 19:56:45

Oh that's interesting forever... today I've actually gone over on carbs. Probably because I usually have some protein at breakfast and I didn't have anything at home so I just had toast. that's quite reassuring to hear, having done the low carb thing for so long I just wondered if I'd got myself in a protein rut, but it does fill me up for longer so while I'm not denying myself carbs, I tend to go for more protein savory things to fill me up.

foreverondiet Mon 06-Jun-11 20:07:09

I guess it depends what the carbs are (ie going over), MFP doesn't distinguish between refined carbs like white bread, and more natural carbs like bananas and brown rice and jumbo porridge oats.

headfairy Mon 06-Jun-11 20:17:24

well I'm kind of going for the more healthy options anyway as the tend to be lower calorie... don't have white bread and although I haven't had a banana today, it is my preferred choice when I've got a biscuit craving grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: