Talk

Advanced search

PCOS and losing weight - just a moan really

(5 Posts)
ZereldaBrass Sat 04-Jun-11 09:08:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Watersign76 Sat 04-Jun-11 16:35:16

Hello

Sorry to hear about the diganosis. I have it too.

I also share your views about not openly sharing it. My mum basically said to me "That list of symptoms sounds like what most women have"...hummm. There isn't enough known about it really.

I am still overweight, but have successfully lost weight before - never getting down to a 10 or anything, but not sure I have that in me! - just doing WW & SW, so not sure GI is THE only answer. I know there are studies that suggest that it does help, so well done on what you've achieved so far.

Have you tried this charity - www.verity-pcos.org.uk/ they have message boards too.

Keep on trying, you have done really well so far. Two stone could be gone by the end of the summer (she says as if if you continue. Are you following a particular GI diet or generally trying to make low GI choices?

WS

ZereldaBrass Sat 04-Jun-11 22:34:59

foreverondiet Sat 04-Jun-11 23:35:30

zerelda sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I was diagnosed in 2002 and I followed the pcos diet as set out in collette harris's book (which I recommend more prescriptive for PCOS than general low GI book) - I was TTC at the time, and weight loss was a side point, but I did loose almost a stone very quickly (and then got pregnant). I now have 3 DC and will not be having more, and I have a mirena so not worried about irregular periods etc but I feel better eating low GI/low carbs. DS2 (DC3) now 14 months old and I am an 8/10, 8 stone 9 (I'm 5 foot 4).

Re: the cakes/ biscuits, I know tempting but really you'll feel much better if you don't eat sugary foods. JUst tell those who bring, please don't I'm trying to improve my diet. If someone brings us chocolate we just keep it in the cupboard and "recycle" it when we go somewhere. FWIW PCOS is very very common and I have spoken out about it to friends, no need to be embarassed have found out loads of my friend have it too.

And feel free to come and moan here! Happy to offer support.

ZereldaBrass Sun 05-Jun-11 10:36:42

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: