Talk

Advanced search

Target weight loss achieved = Now saggy, wrinkly skin!

(9 Posts)
Stirrings Wed 01-Jun-11 07:38:32

Down to my target weight after doing lo carbs. Was very happy until I caught a glimpse of my saggy wrinkly stomach in the mirror. I swear, I look like an old person! Am begining to wonder if I looked better with a bit of fat there!

Will it ever regain its elasticity?

Verso Wed 01-Jun-11 07:57:36

Firstly, well done on reaching your target!

I've lost a lot of weight and was feeling pretty good about myself until DD1 announced innocently the other day that, 'your bottom is all wrinkly, mummy!' confused

I'm not too worried, as in clothes I think I look ok, but have started back at the gym and am also starting to see some improvement. My tummy is covered in stretch marks too from two big babies, so I am truly a sight to behold!

How old are you (if that's not too rude of me to ask!) I'm 40, which I think makes my skin leas ping-y, if you know what I mean.

Stirrings Wed 01-Jun-11 08:05:40

Thanks verso. I do look better in clothes but I'm 47. Having said that I do look younger. well, except for my tummy skin..which has always been pingy in the past..and now obviously isn't sad Are there any creams I could use, do you know? Is it a matter of time? Does baggy skin eventually go shrink once it realises it hasn't got a use-value any more? LOL!

Verso Wed 01-Jun-11 08:10:28

I'm hoping it does shrink eventually, yes! Some people say body brushing is v good, so you could try that maybe? How recently did you lose the weight? I'm on a weight loss forum elsewhere and some women say their skin got a lot better after a year or so. How much did you lose? If it was a lot, then I'd say try to be patient if you can!

Stirrings Wed 01-Jun-11 08:13:13

I was on a lo-carb diet and lost about a stone. I followed a lo carb thread on here which was great support. I also run which means I ahve very toned legs and a saggy belly LOL. A year seems an awful long time to wait ;(

foreverondiet Wed 01-Jun-11 18:14:42

I have been using skin firming cream all over and also scar serum on my tummy. There is an improvement, and also I am now very toned including tummy (can see definition) as I have managed to get rid of belly fat (diet) & do loads of abs exercises but TBH its still a bit crinkly and I expect it will stay that way.

Stirrings Thu 02-Jun-11 05:31:29

what is the name of the cream ur using forever?

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 07:08:15

palmers scar serum on tummy
jergens skin firming cream all over

neither particularly expensive both from boots. no idea if they helped but do try and use that or other moisturiser at least twice a day.

theothermrsclooney Sun 05-Jun-11 18:43:22

I'm convinced This Works stretch mark oil has made a difference to the skintone of my tummy. It just seems smoother... Also started pilates a month ago and this is helping to tighten my tummy and waist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now