Talk

Advanced search

I am low carbing but I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF A TREAT NOW, WHAT CAN i HAVE?

(13 Posts)
rainbowinthesky Tue 31-May-11 19:57:57

Please help..

sooz28 Tue 31-May-11 19:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TragicallyHip Tue 31-May-11 19:59:42

Melt a small amount of dark chocolate and dip fruit in?

Taffeta Tue 31-May-11 20:02:11

Couple of squares of dark choc and a gin and slimline tonic.

Yes, thats what I'll have now. grin

rainbowinthesky Tue 31-May-11 20:02:37

Been having almonds across the day to keep me going. Dont have any dark choc (couldnt have little but anyway!). SHould I have a 3rd portion of full fat greek yoghurt with almonds??How bad will that be?

SoleSourceGal Wed 01-Jun-11 22:51:35

Don't have a treat.

Strong possibility you won't stop at just that..

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 13:20:45

solesourcegal - I'm not sure I agree. Its important to learn to have a small treat and stop - IME thats one of the most important lessons to learn whilst on a diet. If you never have a treat as you might not be stop, what chance do you have of keeping the weight off longer term - unless you plan a whole life of never having a small treat as you might not be able to stop. I can now eat one (small) biscuit and stop, because I am not hungry anymore. Before I'd easily have eaten 10.

rainbow not sure how long carb you are going, my treats are generally one of:
- mini milk ice lolly
- 25g cashew nuts
- activia fat free fruit yoghurt
- 1 square 85% chocolate (10g)

Can see that these treats might not be good though on ketosis diet.

Am a bit shock at 3rd portion of full fat greek yoghurt

SoleSourceGal Thu 02-Jun-11 14:38:36

solesourcegal - I'm not sure I agree. Its important to learn to have a small treat and stop - IME thats one of the most important lessons to learn whilst on a diet. If you never have a treat as you might not be stop, what chance do you have of keeping the weight off longer term - unless you plan a whole life of never having a small treat as you might not be able to stop. I can now eat one (small) biscuit and stop, because I am not hungry anymore. Before I'd easily have eaten 10.

that is your opinion

sorry you do not agree with mine - just my experience so far....

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 14:50:01

We don't all have to agree - smile and yes at start of diet when I had more to loose (have lost 50lbs, now at target) I was probably stricter - including no fruit for weeks on end.

But I am interested in hearing how you plan to deal with treats in the long run once at target weight. Are you planning to avoid them forever? There are some "treats" that I plan never to eat again eg crisps, but others that I do want to be able to eat in moderation eg biscuits, cake, ice cream but be able to stop. My diet has taught / is teaching me to be able to have one portion (perhaps only at weekend) and then to stop.

SoleSourceGal Thu 02-Jun-11 14:51:17

and i thought OP was sole sourcing

so a treat is fine thought a treat is food

don't believe in calling food a treat...

anyway as i can see i have a troll following me about and i have maintained a 98lb weight loss and FOREVERONADIET might be jealous of that

i'll say goodbye to mumsnet

very strange, petty btichy place

well if you read foreveronadiet's posts

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 15:16:51

No I am not troll and I am definately not jealous either as I have lost 50lbs and now BMI is 20.5 and body fat 21% and I am wearing a size 8 or 10! Now weight 8 stone 10 pounds.

The OP was not sole sourcing she said that she was low carbing.

foreverondiet Thu 02-Jun-11 15:32:57

Actually - I thought your were a troll - you posted your diary and kept on posting despite not getting feedback from anyone. I actually wondered if you were a reporter or someone fishing for comments.

I don't think its bitchy here, but people often don't agree with what others write. That's ok everyone has different opinions. I didn't say you were wrong or an idiot or anything rude, just that I had a different opinion. And yes, I think its ok for food to be a treat, in moderation, and I know that you don't agree with that.

I am not bitchy, have been very supportive to people loosing weight. In your weight loss diary I complimented you for doing weight last year even though no one else commented for example.

RGPargy Thu 02-Jun-11 15:47:18

How about a few strawberries?

FTR, Forever has been a great help for me with regard to weight loss! She is a fountain of knowledge! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now