Talk

Advanced search

FAT AND FED UP !

(43 Posts)
zazzabeans Sun 29-May-11 16:05:33

just moved into a new house , has previously been staying with inlaws for 8 weeks lots of yummy food.puddings etc...
so now settled into my new houise... been weighed today and weigh 13st 3 !! thats a 15lb weight gain..shock i was already a size 14 now a 16 is rather tight...im disgustde with myself
was on prozac a while ago which spurred me on to kickstart a diet, but now i have no motivation im fed up...
anyone want to come and encourage me? sad

Guitargirl Sun 29-May-11 16:14:05

I will encourage you!

I am about the

I am the same weight as you - 13 stone. I was 13 stone 10lbs 3 weeks ago.

I am very apple-shaped and to be honest am used to people having sneaky looks at my stomach and wondering whether am pregnant again. BUT I got the shock of my life today. Was out with the DCs and a woman thought I was DS's grandmother. I am horrified to be honest. I am 35-years old!!! I cried on the way home blush.

I am so cross at letting this happen to myself. I don't have grey hair and don't have excessive wrinkles. So, the only thing I can think is my excessive weight and the fact that I dress frumpily because of it.

<mortified>

So, what action are you going to take?

Have decided am going to have to low-carb. I don't really like doing it because I don't think it's sustainable long-term but I know I can lose weight that way...

huffythethreadslayer Sun 29-May-11 16:17:22

I'll tag on if you don't mind. I'm now (gulps horribly) 16st. I'm nearly 6 ft, so it's about 2.5stones heavier than I should be. I can't get motivated for love nor money at the moment. I know I look repulsive. I feel horrible. Just need to sort myself out. I've done it before, and that's possibly why I'm struggling now. I did WW and lost 2 stones and kept them off for a couple of years. Have started struggling again now and am in my late 40's so am finding it harder. Someone will come and inspire us, I'm sure!

glittery Sun 29-May-11 16:18:45

Have either of you tried www.foodfocus.co.uk its a great website and best of all its free!!
I've been doing it since New years day 2010 (i got a fright on the scales!)
I have now lost 5st 1lb...8lbs to go till ive got my BMI under 25

ledkr Sun 29-May-11 16:33:27

Ill join you,i am carrying 2 stone of stubborn pg weight from 5th dc 17wks ago,ive been doing the shred whilst still eating like a beeatch. Carbs are my problem for sure,but i have a wedding to go to in 4 wks and i too feel absolutely frumpsome and chunky so i am taking drastic action.

huffythethreadslayer Sun 29-May-11 16:43:48

That looks perfect glittery. I had joined WW online but couldn't get into it. The new points system was just too complex for me!

malibustac Sun 29-May-11 16:53:02

Can I join in? I am currently 15 and a half stone blush and I am joining scottish slimmers on thursday but could do with some mn support to keep me on the straight and narrow! I totally hate the weight gain my dd is 10mths old so time to get sorted. We can do it ladies!

malibustac Sun 29-May-11 17:05:18

Just signed up to food focus will be able to use that to record what I'm eating. Looks a good site. What exercise do you do?

Tortington Sun 29-May-11 17:10:12

i lost 4st low carbing and have a blog www.carbfree.wordpress.com

ledkr Sun 29-May-11 18:41:26

Custardo-is the low carb bread any good?Thats what id miss the most,couldnt even care less if its not that great its just with young baby sometimes in the day i just cant make a salad or cook some meat its asandwhich or nothing.

zazzabeans Sun 29-May-11 19:43:01

great to have some buddies smile
will have a look at foodfocus, thanks glittery...
wow cutardo... well done smile envy love my carbs though sad not sure if i could stick to it tbh

welcome abord
guitargirl
huffythreadslayer
ledkr
malibustac
smile

well part of my job is supporting people with learning & physical disabilities maintain heatlhy eating/diets etc one of the ladies i do slimming world menus for has lost 2 sone in 1 year because of me , yet i cant stick to it myself sad i previous;y did s/w a few year ago and did well, but now i just cant seem to get back in it...
also there is a ww meeting across the road from my new house so may go there....
or i have done well on alli tablets before....

i just really dont know whats best, will have alook at the food focus now smile

Tortington Mon 30-May-11 09:24:23

ledkr - yes it tastes like bread - but it's a tiny tiny slice. i dont order it anymore, but when i first started it was a lifesaver

ledkr Mon 30-May-11 11:34:34

custardo are you still doing it? The fact i struggle to lose weight at all and absolutley crave anything bready tells me thats the way to go,i hope im not annoying you but what do you eat in a typical day? Im not sure i have time for bacon and eggs every morning iyswim.

Tortington Mon 30-May-11 11:41:56

i don't do breakfast at all - but omlette is quick for breaky. i never have been a breakfast person - in fact i have to force myself to eat lunch

before all this - 2 years ago now - i could go all day until about 3pm and not eat. then i;d go the shop from work and buy crisps and shit. then i would get home make tea and then eat all evening - i literally ate all evening.

so i'm still not a breaky person, i just can't eat it - much rather have coffee.
i;m not hungry at lunch - but i make myself eat it - something i pre-prepare for work. becuase i know by 3pm i will be so hungry i will say 'fuck it' and go the shop!

this way i remain not hungry, my sugars are stable and my eating habits have changed so i don't snack in an evening - so after forcing lunch - i am quite happy til tea time.

lunch is usually chicken of some sort - chicken in spices with a small amount of bell pepper onion or courgette or mushroom - i monitor the carbs of the veg and limit this. might be chicken with mayo, spicey chicken cooked in chili or curried cooked with a curry paste. or chicken salad. might be tuna mayo or tuna salad.

then all my evening meals are on my blog. did i mention it? www.carbfree.worpress.com grin

foreverondiet Mon 30-May-11 13:07:21

ledkr I have lost weight but doing low carb low fat but not ketosis diet.

I did eat decent amounts of fat free dairy, limited fruit (more now I'm maintaining), plus oatbran. Didn't worry about carb content of veggies but avoided big helpings of carrots/parsnips other v starchy veggies.

I always eat huge breakfast as am starving in the morning - generally 2 egg omelette plus fat free yoghurt (either 200g yoghurt, or 150g yoghurt and 50g of defrosted summer fruits and 10g oatbran). Lunch is generally fish and salad. Dinner generally meat or quorn with stacks of veggies, often cooked in chopped tomatoes. Snacks could be yoghurt (always choose sugar free) or small portion of nuts. Now in maintenance eat a couple of pieces of lower GI fruit (ie apple / pear / berries / melon).

I experimented with ketosis diet but it wasn't for me as I suffered from terrible constipation, even with having psyllium husks, and I couldn't bring myself to eat any saturated fat! I do have occasional proper carbs, eg small portion of frozen yoghurt, had a slice of homemade wholemeal pizza at lunchtime, but its a small part of what I eat. This is what works for me and is sustainable for me longer term.

ledkr Mon 30-May-11 17:52:55

im hungry in the morning and just crave toast or crumpets or suchlike,it kills me to eat cereal instead. It all jsut seems so complicated and difficult. I have always lost weight quick after my babies but with this one its not budging,so frustrating. Im not even a snacker just 2 meals a day but probably too bigger portions to be honest.Thanks tho,im going to go and have a peek at custardos blog.

malibustac Mon 30-May-11 23:51:47

Hi ladies, well I have been very bad today just wasn't in the mood at all.

Ledkr I'm generally not a huge eater but I'm sure it portion size for me, have you tried a smaller plate? That's my plan.

I'm a midnight muncher, when I wake up with the baby I usually eat, any ideas how to stop this except tieing myself to the bed?

ledkr Tue 31-May-11 10:04:39

Yes get your baby sleeping grin
I cant be doing the no carb thing at the mo,esp as its half term-picnics etc and we are off to Disney Paris in 2 weeks so could never stick to it,no i will from today be back on ww points but very strictly.Went to Mums yesterday for a giant roast,desert and got sent home with chocolate. M e and my sisters can tell why we are all inclined to be chubby.

ledkr Tue 31-May-11 10:05:39

Oh yes and smaller pertions too,i always chuckle when i weigh a portion of ww potatoes and theres about 2-who eats 2 potatoes?

malibustac Tue 31-May-11 10:25:14

Any tips on how to get her sleeping would be great too grin. The weighing is a joke isn't it? I am my friends bridesmaid next year so I'm on a mission.

huffythethreadslayer Tue 31-May-11 10:38:53

I had my last bad day yesterday and that wasn't too bad for me. Reading about you ladies with your successes so far has galvanised me.

Today, I've had 30g of Special K (yes I measured it..I usually have two or three times this much), blueberries and coffee. I've used the food focus site and have counted everything I've eaten and drunk so far. I counted yesterday and I was so over my limit! I decided not to do that today, so a carefully thinking about everything I put in my mouth...that's not rude by the way.

I've just gone for a walk around the block. I live in a hilly part of Sheffield, so that's quite aerobic. Took about 20 minutes and has got my heart racing nicely. Just off to do some muscle stretches now to make the most of the oxygen in my body. Then, this afternoon, I'm painting DD's bedroom with her, which should be a good hour of decorating. That's covered in the exercise on Food Focus too, so should earn me some extra calories.

I couldn't cut out carbs I'm afraid. Previously, I've cut down dramatically on my portion sizes and my bread intake, choosing a nice bread roll each day instead of eating toast, sandwiches, bread with my meal, etc. I figure if you have a little of what you fancy it can do you good. All things in moderation, which is where I generally fall down horribly.

But not from today. Onward and upwards as they say. Hope you are all doing well today. Good luck with your intakessmile

glittery Tue 31-May-11 11:03:29

good luck with the FoodFocus Huffy! its great for making you aware just what you are eating..it was always portion size with me so the kitchen scales are a permanent feature now and ive taken to using those wee plastic Ikea plates and bowls so it looks like more!
On the dashboard section of FF theres a calorie mix chart that keeps track of carbs, protein & fat , the zero line is based on British Nutrition Foundation recommendations so you can easily see if you are over or under on each, im always over on carbs and under on fat!

malibustac Tue 31-May-11 23:48:08

Good on you huffy! How small did the portions seem?

ledkr Wed 01-Jun-11 00:19:40

malibustac heres agood example-good day,did my shred too,busy half term trip out with dd and the baby all well at bedtime then a much needed bed myself,asleep about 5 mins before baby wakes yelling.I am now back downstairs have had sneaky fag and am sat on sofa with a sherbert dip shock cos dh is dealing with her. To be fair she is usually great at night but this is how easy it is for a fall off the wagon. grrrr

malibustac Wed 01-Jun-11 01:25:52

ledkr dd's been sleeping since 10ish but I still haven't switched off probably because I know she'll be up soon. The health visitor told us to stop feeding her during the night use water instead now she's decided that waters fine so I have to stop that too. (Sorry totally off subject) oh and would love a fag!

Dilema for me is I double booked myself for thursday night, have a hair appointment but was joining scottish slimmers. Can't change hair appointment so can't go to diet class sad. Could go to the 5.30 diet class tomorrow but friend can't make it. But would also mean I may miss zumba. What shouldd I do?

Go to the diet class so that's me started and miss zumba?

Or

Wait till next week to go with friend and go to zumba?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now