Talk

Advanced search

I'm getting fed up of not being able to lose the last stone. Does anyone else have the same problem?

(12 Posts)
foxinsocks Sun 29-May-11 11:34:32

it's such a bloody chore. I just cannot get below that last stone no matter how hard I try. A few weeks ago, I dipped into that last stone but 2 weeks later, I am back up to where I was before grrr.

Does anyone have a magic wand to wave? If you've done it how?

I would love to lose it as I still have a pot belly and too fat thighs (touching together at top grrr) and I know that is exactly where my last stone is.

I know I need to do far more exercise but it's v hard for me to find the time.

Mollydollydoll Sun 29-May-11 11:56:36

Try my fitness pal. It's a free app for your phone and computer. It calculates what you've eaten etc great app. Lost 8lbs on it in 3 weeks

foxinsocks Sun 29-May-11 12:01:17

I've got it already. Makes no difference at all for the last stone. Helped up to that point but just gets me no further. Doesn't seem to matter how many calories I eat or don't eat, I just cannot break into the last stone permanently grrr.

Mollydollydoll Sun 29-May-11 12:06:02

I am sorry. I don't know what to suggest. I've only just started I was with slimming world but hated it. But me and DP are both doing thus fitness pal and it works I'm on 1200 cals him 1700. I've also started walking alot too.
Hope you find a solution smile

foxinsocks Sun 29-May-11 12:31:13

Thanks Molly! Hope you do well too!

Lambskin Sun 29-May-11 12:44:18

Can you find 10 minutes to do the 10 minutes solutions exercises. They're really effective and you can do as many or as few as you want/need. I think you really do need to somehow find some time to exercise and you'll certainly see a change then.

Good luck! I'm on mfp too!

foreverondiet Sun 29-May-11 14:34:27

I reached plateau with stone to go. Significantly cut down/out carbs and last stone fell away so quickly than now 1/2 stone under target. Same number of calories just different mix. I didn't do ketosis diet, but did low fat low carbs - basically dukan but after the first week didn't do many all protein days. So only ate veggies, lean protein & fat free diary.

Despite plateau, lost 5lbs in 5 days on first week of dukan grin, and 2lbs the next week, so half of the stone disappeared v quickly once I changed diet. Once I reached target I allowed myself some fruit (1-2 pieces a day only apples/pears or berries though), and have continued to loose around 0.5 lb a week.

You also need to up the exercise, specifically interval training. Try 30 day shred each night. I am training for triathlon & also trying to fit in 30 day shred where possible, and have signed up for weekly bootcamp smile.

foxinsocks Sun 29-May-11 15:31:40

Thanks everyone.

Forever, How did you feel healthwise when you cut down carbs like that? I am just worried that it will make me feel ill and tired. Am also slightly concerned about the health impact of eating like that and whether I could sustain the weight loss. Have you managed to keep it off despite going back to eating normally?

foreverondiet Sun 29-May-11 16:09:43

fox I am training for triathlon & have loads of energy, no bloating, felt great - no issues at all, even when have done practise whole spring triathlon (around 1000 calories) without carbs (although yoghurt does contain some carbs).

In terms of "eating normally" might go back to eating a bit more brown carbs eg a couple of slices soya & linseed bread for sandwich at lunchtime, maybe porridge for breakfast but will be sticking with small portion of carbs at dinner (dinner is huge stacks of vegges smile). Or maybe small portion of rice if its been a "carb light" breakfast and lunch.

I can see now I just don't need that many carbs, and I think eating 3 big portions of carbs a day would result in weight gain. But that doesn't bother me as I like this way of eating.

Example day
eg breakfast 2 egg omelette (made with spray), plus 200g greek yoghurt & 20g oatbran stired in.
lunch big salad with whole tin tuna and yoghurty dressing
snacks: 2-3 slices turkey, yoghurts, cottage cheese.
dinner something like spag bolognaise with chopped tomatoes and veggies in with meat, but instead of spag poured over chopped up cauliflower!

foreverondiet Sun 29-May-11 16:11:31

Also going to say that for first time in adult life, thighs not chaffing!

GreenToes Sun 29-May-11 16:18:10

Hi foxinsocks, I'm trying to lose my last stone ish (I'm not weighing myself), I reached size 10 and just lost the motivation to diet anymore. I didn't really gain anything but I didn't lose anything either. Like you I still have a bit of a belly and my thighs still meet in the middle. I had a bit of a wake-up call when I saw how many faddy diet books I had bought, declared to be the best diet ever, tried for a week or so and given up on. I'm so embarrassed to think back to a few months ago when every couple of weeks I was singing the praises of a new diet blush I realised that I didn't want to be dieting forever, being unable to eat certain food groups and not being able to eat the same foods as everyone else. It was then that I found the Paul McKenna method.

There's a thread about it here. There are lots of other books with the same idea, but his was the one I found first. I'm not sure whether the hypnosis CD helps me at all. Basically though, it's just about listening to your body's hunger signals and responding. I've finally started to lose weight again, and I'm also starting to repair my relationship with food so that hopefully I can maintain a healthy weight from now on.

I really hope you find the solution that is right for you smile

glittery Sun 29-May-11 16:26:37

I've been using www.foodfocus.co.uk since New years day 2010 and have lost 5st 1lb so far, my goal is 8st 10lbs which will be a 6st loss and give me a BMI of 23.8 :smile:
im now in size 8 jeans and size 10/12 tops...big difference from size 20 bottoms and size 22/24 tops!!
I need to lose another 8lbs minimum to get a "healthy" BMI but im really struggling to stick to it now as im not being too strict now im in smaller clothes but my belly and thighs are still really flabby too
Im trying to exercise more in the hope that'll shift it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now