Talk

Advanced search

Ww points in fish and chips

(8 Posts)
audley Fri 27-May-11 15:56:42

hi, I am new to the pro points system and dh wants fish and chips tonight! Anyone know how many points are in a small portion of cod and chips? Tia

activate Fri 27-May-11 15:59:16

do they have to be from a chip shop or can you make at home (I have online account so can check for you)

From memory, about 20!

The problem with fish and chips is that unlike Dominos, McD's etc, it isn't standard.

activate Fri 27-May-11 16:02:05

It says in the database that Wetherspoons Value Meals Fish, Chips and Peas with Tartare Sauce (Cod) is 27 points

plus you don't need to have it cos he is

activate Fri 27-May-11 16:02:34

Homemade Fish and chips from the recipe database

ProPoints® Value: 11
Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Bypass your local chippy with this tasty British dish!

Ingredients

5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
700 g Potatoes, Old, Raw, scrubbed and cut into wedges
2 tablespoons Oil, Olive
1 pinch Salt
1 teaspoons (ground) Pepper, Black (Whole, Cracked or Ground)
25 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
1 medium Egg, Whole
2 tablespoons Water, cold
50 g Breadcrumbs, Dried
700 g Fish, Haddock, Raw, (4 x 175g fillets)
1 medium Lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
1 tablespoons Vinegar, All Types, malt, to serve
4 sprigs of parsley to garnish

Instructions
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F. Mist a baking sheet with spray cooking oil.

Put potato wedges into a roasting pan. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare fish. Sprinkle flour onto a plate, season with salt and pepper. Beat egg and water together in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle breadcrumbs onto a separate plate. Coat fish in seasoned flour, dip into egg mixture, then coat in breadcrumbs. Arrange on baking sheet.

Reduce oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F. Continue to bake the potatoes, with the fish positioned below them, for another 15 - 20 minutes. To check that the fish is cooked, test it with a fork - the flesh should be opaque and should flake easily.

Serve the fish and chips with vinegar, lemon wedges, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.

Weight Watchers Recipe Search
Search more than 1,000 Recipes with Propoints® values.
Keyword:

ProPoints® value
All 0-4 5-7 8-11 12+

WeightWatchers.co.uk Recipes
Barbecued Lamb Cutlets
Mango, Coconut and Lime Tart
Mozzarella and Tomato Salad with Red Onion and Olive Gremolata
Barbecue Chicken Wrap

Recent Community Recipes
Garlic & mushroom pasta
Creamy Chicken & Chorizo
Appley Nut Butts
Scoth eggs
go to recipe swap

audley Fri 27-May-11 16:03:51

Yes they have to be from the shop! Thanks for your help. There is a lady in my meeting who has lost about 5 stones so far and has never gained, always lost or sts and she has f&c sometimes, so I know it can be done :0)

IHeartIona Fri 27-May-11 16:08:45

As I remember, about 14 pp for a piece of cod in the Eating out guide, could that be right I wonder?

audley Fri 27-May-11 16:26:28

X posted with that lovely looking recipe. Will try that, But next week, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now