Talk

Advanced search

WEIGHT WATCHERS PRO POINTS - OUR THREADS ARE EXPANDING BUT OUR WAISTS ARE NOT

(1001 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Wed 18-May-11 07:37:02

Welcome one and all to our 7th thread smile

If you're just starting out or you've been following WW for a while and you're looking for support you've come to the right place!

There are lots of regulars who are well on their weigh (get it! ) grin and others who have just joined us - we're a mixed bag, all shapes and sizes and all with different goals to achieve but we're all striving for the same thing. We're all here to will one another on with advice, support and lots of cheering!

Androbbob is our resident stat checker and keeps us motivated by totting up the total weight loss each week.

we have lost an amazing amount since jan 2011 shock

We're quite fast moving at times so just dive in - pour yourself a wine or [cuppa] and make yourself at home

NoWayNoHow Wed 18-May-11 07:50:18

<pulls up chair, makes a brew and waits for race result>

IHeartIona Wed 18-May-11 08:01:43

checking in!

SpringFollows Wed 18-May-11 08:02:41

Morning all. I am checking in. Week 2 Day 1 for me, and this week I will;
1. Not go over 29 daily points INCLUDING ALCOHOL.
2. Rest up on the exercise a bit as I have damaged something in my foot with my enthusiasm. (Might go swimming instead).
3. Have fun and enjoy this new approach. I find it very easy to do, and really feel so happy I finally put my fears aside and walked into that meeting.

smile

Have a great day everyone!

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Wed 18-May-11 08:15:33

Did I win?

<flops down in the corner with a grin on face>

IHeartIona Wed 18-May-11 08:22:30

yippee, I was just nodding off there till I saw you Shoulders!!

NoWayNoHow Wed 18-May-11 08:22:43

IHeart that's win number 2 for you! Sorry shoulders. Have a rest!! grin

DS decided to have WEetabix tantrum at the crucial race time angry

Have a great day too spring!

ShouldersBackAndNoBiscuits Wed 18-May-11 08:26:35

Gah. Pipped at the post. Thought I'd crept in to take it!

IHeartIona Wed 18-May-11 08:31:50

Sorry Shoulders, I thought you'd done it too. Off to Shred shortly, have a good day everyone!

gemmummy Wed 18-May-11 09:12:50

Hi all, just reporting in with my first weigh in. 5lbs lost.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 18-May-11 09:28:56

Damn my school run - I wasn't even in the running sad

SpringFollows Wed 18-May-11 09:37:33

5 pounds !!

That's fab Gemummy

IHeartIona Wed 18-May-11 09:50:15

Well done gemmummy! that is great

Pinkglow Wed 18-May-11 09:54:24

Well done gemmummy Thats amazing

herdingcats Wed 18-May-11 10:18:54

Well done gemummysmile
Someone on the last thread mentioned about inch loss not just weight loss.
I decided to look back at my measurments since I first joined WW on 16th March, and was very [shocked]
Here goes:
Arms -3cm
Bust -4cm
Waist -13cm
Thigh -3cm
Hips -10cm
Dress size down 1 size

Anyone else brave foolish enough to post theirs?

WI tonight ,and not sure I can go, DH has a governors meeting and I have nobody to watch DD. Not very keen to take her as I don't want her to worry about being thin .She is 8 and often goes on about being fat. She is not at all, just very tall for her age so thinks she looks bigger than all the other girls in her year + a lot of the years above. IYKWIM
Good luck all the other Wednesday WI crew

HaughtyChuckle Wed 18-May-11 11:10:01

Woohoo 7th thread
so far had 2 medium poached eggs, 2 WWbacon grilled 'shrooms = 6 pts -40pts top go lol

and banana , had a dr pepper not sure how much that is its not Zero but has no fat?

How is everyone?

vnmum Wed 18-May-11 11:33:52

morning all, well done gemmummy thats a fab loss
I'm still feeling fed up with my asthma but i think some of it is homesickness too, i miss my old friends and my family who i am not seeing as often, plus DH been away last week and this week and i think thats why the homesickness has started. If i was well i could exercise to take my mind off it, and i think i'm a bit down because i can't exercise. I really want to get out for a run but not sure i will manage it. I might get DH to come with me at weekend so if i collapse struggle, at least i have someone with me,lol

yesterday i had
oatbran pancake with banana and yoghurt 6pp
fruit and total 0% 2pp
basa fillet and salad 4pp
cereal bar 2pp

today is
oatbran pancake with fruit and yoghurt 6pp
chicken and cottage cheese salad 4pp
king prawns with BNS and asparagus 4pp

I don't normally eat so little but i am on desperate measures after "cakegate" and my sneakpeak yesterday. WI tomorrow so at least i can start a fresh week normally

hmc Wed 18-May-11 11:35:10

Well done genmummy, benbon, tiredemma and littlefish (littlefish well done on 50lb - I got my 50lb last week and will have certificate presented at WI tonight) on your losses, and commiserations vnmum on small gain, hopefully you'll have it licked in no time at all. Also thanks vnmum on the advice re setting my goal weight - am going for the BMI of 25 (whilst secretly aiming for less); no point in paying weightwatchers more than I have to!

Woo hoo Jojo on your night at posh hotel win!

Glad to hear there has been an improvement with your dad HHY

Well sneaky weigh in at home this morning suggests no movement at all on the scales from last week angry. It's either because of TOTM or because I am within 10lbs of my goal weight and its just gonna get harder to shift the pounds now I am leaner....(sighs). Anyway will find out what the score is at my official WI tonight. Blondes- you will be pleased to hear that I no longer appear to be that smug sod lucky person who can eat all of my weeklies and all my activity points and still lose the weight wink

HaughtyChuckle Wed 18-May-11 11:38:16

I feel really los
t now I missed my weigh in sad
well done genummummy

CareyFakes Wed 18-May-11 11:49:32

Well done Genmummy

I had a 5lb loss this week too, got a rilly rollocking from the leader for losing too fast and if I continue I will not be weighed there. I did explain it was due to epic sexual relations, and that as we all know, these activities will soon loose their sheen, she laughed and let me off!

48lbs off since January, still another 43lbs to go to get to goal

vnmum Wed 18-May-11 11:59:08

carey well done on that loss, bit harsh of the leader to say you can't WI there if you continue to lose too fast but perhaps they have to be strict in that sense so as not to encourage eating disorders etc (i know this happens as a relative of mine developed anorexia whilst attending a different slimming club)

CareyFakes Wed 18-May-11 12:02:03

I had lost 3.5lbs the week before so can see her point. I knew I'd lose a lot because of my habits last week, but not that much.

I'll be happy with a STS or 1lb off next week, need to get back to normal eating and so forth, been a bit slapdash with it.

LittleFriendSusan Wed 18-May-11 12:28:22

Just checking in quickly smile

Well done to all losers esp littlefish (and hmc come to mention it) for getting to 50lb loss!

genmummy & careyfakes am envy at your 5lb losses! careyfakes you have made me snigger more than once with your bedroom antics! Get in there LOL! wink

I didn't go to WI on Monday as it was my birthday and went out for tea, but am going to try to get to one tomorrow a.m. if I can. Sneaky home WI indicates somewhere around 1-2lb loss so that will do nicely! Went out for posh 7 course tasting menu on Friday & then into town till 2.30am with copious amounts of alcohol, so didn't really expect to lose anything!

Have been a bit slack these last few days with the exercise: out Friday, incredibly rough Sat, did Shred on Sunday and think I've pulled something in my neck / shoulder... so not done anything since! The friend I do C25K with has been away too, so bit too easy to not bother. It's been pissing it down most evenings anywhere and I don't have anything waterproof to run in. I think I will try to Shred again tonight and see how it goes...

herding - my DD is also 8 and v tall for her age. She's in a mixed Y3/4 class and is the tallest... she's the same height as my friend's 10/11yo. But she has still got a bit of a belly and has become very conscious of her size. She is quite active and has a healthy diet so I'm not overly concerned - but it does bother me to hear her so concerned about wanting to be slim sad. She doesn't know I do WW as I don't want to fuel it. Thing is, she is of similar build to me: broad shouldered, big hands, "big-boned", so she will never be a skinny little thing... unfortunately most of her friends are tiny and she gets really self-conscious. And DS is the opposite extreme: he is one of the smallest in his class and no meat on him whatsoever! (They both eat the same foods and have the same lifestyle so just goes to show... )

I'm ready for my lunch today! Running late this morning, so only had a pack of those Belvita breakfast biscuits & a banana. I have leftover frittata and salad for lunch (the tomato, spinach & ricotta one from the good food website again - has become a weeknight staple in our house!) - yum yum.

LittleFriendSusan Wed 18-May-11 12:41:06

Ooh, just adding to the goals as I missed this on the last thread:

Androbob. Lose half a stone by end of June
Wizzler. Be 10st 7 by end of June
SpringFollows . Be 10 stone 7 by end of June.
CareyFakes. Be 14 stone by the end of June.
HeyH0. Drop 4kg by the last Sunday of June. (Six weeks, so do-able).
HighHeidYin. Get under 11 stone by the end of May.
hoops997. Be 11 stone by the end of June
herdingcats. Be 12stone by the beginning of June.
JoJoBaldwin. Be 12 stone by the beginning of June.
benbon. be 11st 7 by the end of june ( 1 stone to lose)
Willabywallaby. Be 9st 6 (goal) by end of June (5lbs to lose)
Shoulders. be at goal by the beginning of June (5lb) and then maintain for the month of June
Littlefish. Lose half a stone by end of June (to make 4 stone loss, and therefore, halfway there).
Iheartiona. Lose 7lbs by end of June and get to goal.
LolaLadybird. Lose 10lbs by end of June to get to 10% target. (Maybe a little ambitious but going to aim high!)
LittleFriendSusan. Be 10st7 by end of June (see there's quite a few of us aiming for that!) - just under half a stone to go.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 18-May-11 13:10:37

gemmummy well done on loss

herding cats think it was me who said about inches rather than lbs - will measure fri

hhy glad dad is a bit better smile

careyfakes well done on 5 lbs and yes sexercise is good - shame i wont get any for a while hmm

lfs wow at 7 courses - yummy

This thread is not accepting new messages.