Talk

Advanced search

30 Day Shred

(184 Posts)
RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 14:40:45

So... I know there are millions of threads about Jillian Michaels, but I have just done my second day of it and I am quite impressed with myself! Yesterday I managed to do to the end of the second circuit and today I did all three. I have just had to lie on the floor for a while in recovery though... does that I mean I am doing it right? smile

How long will I have to wait to see results though? I am quite impatient!

tibni Wed 11-May-11 15:32:30

I am at the same stage as you Slightobsession. I go to the gym but work is keeping me very busy right now so I thought shred might help. Done 2 days, today should be my 3rd but im not sure if I will manage it today as I have been at work all day, have just come home to get ds off taxi and will be back at work at 5 this evening for a few hours. So depends if I can muster energy tonight.

Are you combining with other exercise / being careful with your food?

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 16:06:38

I walk the dog but normally we walk somewhere where she can go off lead and I can stand around doing nothing but watch and cheer her on blush so I am trying to muster the energy to run to the place, IYSWIM?

I was also beign good with my food, no junk, just fruit and dinner, but I fell massively off the wagon last night as DP brought home pringles and cookies, which I have just finished off blush blush

I would quite like to lose three stone, I lost three about a year ago but I did it on the slimfast milkshakes, which I can't seem to stomach anymore! <boak>

How much are you trying to lose, if you don't mind me asking?

tibni Wed 11-May-11 16:36:33

I am trying to tone back into shape. I braved the gym scales yesterday and am about half a stone over my usual "fit" but eating well weight. I am looking to lose between half a stone and a stone and then review from there.

I am 5 8 tall and hide extra weight quite well so I am not big as such but I do have extra weight around my middle right now. I want to feel good in my clothes and fit - last summer I was running daily on holiday and felt really good but having taken on extra work this has slipped which is why I thought shred might be good for me.

Off to work again now, will really try and do day 3 level 1 later tonight.

schoolholidaymeanshotcrossmum Wed 11-May-11 18:47:43

hello hello

hope you see results soon!

My instrument of torture 30ds arrived this morning so am going to be brave and start tonight - deep breath. Will only be for a few days as I'm going away next week, but better to start than put it off i think (and can start again when i get back)

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 18:54:49

I'm going to be away for a couple of nights from Sunday too, and I don't know whether I will be brave enough to flollop around when DP is err during the day on Saturday blush but maybe I could just do it twice a day fora while tomakeup for the days I miss...

schoolholidaymeanshotcrossmum Wed 11-May-11 19:04:01

my dh sometime flollops with me, he is slim and fit, so thought it would be traumatic.....and then I noticed his coordination grin

schoolholidaymeanshotcrossmum Wed 11-May-11 20:14:02

done!

twinkle183 Wed 11-May-11 20:30:05

Hi ya... girlies!! I was wondering if I can join as I am currently miserable with the state that I have allowed myself to get in to! I am currently about 2 stone over weight and am desperate to get back in to shape, for myself! I really need to get a grip and am hoping by joining a group again I shred it!!

I love Jillian Michaels so am gonna shred as well as do some running as I have set myself a goal of the race4life in July! I would really love to loose it by August as I have a wedding to go and would really like to be comfortable in my own skin... so will dust my 30 day shred off....

I sometimes struggle to find time as I have three children and am currently doing a nursing degree. I am married but he is in the Navy so is away alot, so am hoping you girlies will get me the encouragement I need.!!! :-)

Well done to everyone that has shredded already... will start on Friday after my last 12.5 hour shift...

Good luck everyone...

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 22:15:13

Oh that's a good idea, maybe I could DP to join in!

Maybe we should cheer each other on! I've got to take the car to its death bed for its MOT before 8 am tomorrow and I've decided to take the dog so we can run back! Then I will do the shred as well. I'm aiming to lose three pounds by Wednesday because I have a job interview smile

tibni Wed 11-May-11 22:15:44

hello twinkle and SHMHCM it is good to have you join us. Hope we can keep each other on track.

Thank you Slightobsession for starting this thread. Got back from work tonight and really didn't fancy doing anything .... but I have just done shred shock, I would never have bothered if I hadn't joined this thread.

Food choices have been ok today. I always find the first few days most difficult when I try and eat healthier.

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 22:25:36

I find that as well, tibni, the more I tell myself "I am going to eat healthily today" or "I'm going to diet for a week" the more I want to eat rubbish!

Scarletbanner Wed 11-May-11 22:31:16

I'm glad i found you all. Can I join? I've done 2 days of shredding. Day 1 yesterday was ok, but today was really hard and I'm sure I will ache like mad tomorrow. When will it get easier I wonder?

tibni Wed 11-May-11 22:41:34

Good luck with the job interview. Can I ask what you are applying for?

I am trying to be realistic regarding food. I dont want to stop eating any food or food groups, just be aware of my overall choices and portion size. What I never understand is that I know that when I eat well / exercise I feel healthy and well so why do I end up slipping back into bad habits?

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 22:58:51

Yay scarlet! It seems like we are all at about the same stage which is handy.

I'm about to graduate as a primary school teacher and have been applying like buggery! I have one on Monday too <preens> but I only found out today so haven't included it in my weight loss goal business.

Am I right in thinking that I will lose inches more than pounds with the shred?

RoyalWelsh Wed 11-May-11 23:01:28

I think a lot of the time eating habits are bound up with other parts of the psyche, although I don't know how accurate that is. I think it's useful to finding why you have the habits as well as how to break them, if that makes sense. I'd pay goodmoney for someone to sort mine out!

RoyalWelsh Thu 12-May-11 07:00:36

Oh gosh, the ache!

RoyalWelsh Thu 12-May-11 11:56:36

I have just shred again and this morning I walked the dog back from dropping my car off for its MOT and will walk her back to collect it as well, assuming there is nothing horribly wrong with it <crosses fingers>

reikizen Thu 12-May-11 12:05:09

I did it for the first time today, and found it hard but pleasantly quick! I would rather go like frick for 20 minutes than the usual 30-40 minute workouts. I say that now, when I can't stand tomorrow I may eat my words! 2 stone to lose.

RoyalWelsh Thu 12-May-11 12:26:30

It's the 'jump rope' bit that gets me every time reikizen..

<thighs the size of houses>

schoolholidaymeanshotcrossmum Thu 12-May-11 12:32:16

Morning,

Congrats on the interviews slightobsession. I agree with you reikizen about the 20 mins, more likely to fit it in.

I had two stone to lose - and have lost half a stone so far (wooohooo) so am planning on using 30ds, running and myfitnesspal (to force me to weigh portions etc, otherwise I serve myself the same as dh, just plain greedy.)

Anyhoo, big achievement today, I am baking for a weekend away and did not lick the bowl once!

tibni Thu 12-May-11 12:37:38

Hi all,

Got to post and run as I start work soon.

Well I have done day 4 this morning and fitted a quick gym session in. I am now bolting my lunch as I will not be home until 8 at the earliest. I have an apple and banana in my bag for the 5pm munchies (usually share a packet of biscuits with my workmate blush). Mind you staff meeting with area management at 1.30 so I may need the biscuits!

I think shred is more about tone that pounds lost which is why I went for this programme (and the fact it is only 20mins).

Primary teacher - eek will you be marking poor spelling on the thread? I have 3 part time jobs, one is in a prison, so maybe I will have to make sure no one slips away from the thread grin

Have a good day all

schoolholidaymeanshotcrossmum Thu 12-May-11 12:43:42

well done tibni, sound like you're on fire!

reikizen Thu 12-May-11 12:52:11

The jumping jacks have also highlighted previously unknown weakness of pelvic floor blush

pudding25 Thu 12-May-11 16:22:48

Can I join in please? Another primary teacher here. I am trying to shred too but not every day (as no time). I am also trying to do more walking. I did day 2 of level 2 today. Level 2 is a killer. It was a bit easier today but yesterday, I nearly puked.
As for my pelvic floor...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now