Talk

Advanced search

Slimming World weight loss results

(17 Posts)
carat Mon 04-Apr-11 14:41:20

I haven't actually chosen a diet plan yet. I like the idea of LL and losing a stone a month, but in reality, I'm not sure it's for me.

For those who have done SW, can you tell me:
- start weight
- how much weight have you lost
- how long did it take

Also, do you get everything you need at your first meeting? Hubby works odd hours, so I can't guarantee to be at each weekly meeting.

Thanks!

stinkypinky Mon 04-Apr-11 20:31:33

3 weeks in, 9lb off, and I have never been to a meeting - just gleaned info. I would say it is worth going for the first week, and perhaps buying a recipe book or the food directory, then just the mag each week. The meetings are good if public humiliation motivates you. You are allowed a number of holiday weeks, and time off for illness.

Good luck!

stinkypinky Mon 04-Apr-11 20:32:03

mag each month, sorry

Leaveitbabe Mon 04-Apr-11 23:31:52

I lost 3lbs in week 1 and then stayed the same. I left after 6 weeks and went back to weight watchers.

carat Tue 05-Apr-11 10:10:06

thanks for that.

anyone else?

hannahthespanner Tue 05-Apr-11 10:31:52

I am on it at the moment, lost 4lb in my 1st week. Will let you know how i get on on Thursday but think i will of lost a couple.
I have done WW prior to this but just felt i needed a change.

fairydust Tue 05-Apr-11 15:34:52

1 stone 4 in 7 weeks really stuck to it and really enjoying it,
if gonig to be weighed is a problem for you they do an online thing as well.

octopusinabox Tue 05-Apr-11 19:04:09

I lost about 1.5 stones in 3 months before Christmas. Just restarted and have lost 4lbs so far in 3 weeks.

saraho29 Tue 05-Apr-11 20:43:35

My first week of Sw and I lost 6lb! on my second week now, finding it fairly easy and eating chocolate every day!

Newbabynewmum Wed 06-Apr-11 11:46:02

I love sw! I have been for just under 3 months and I've lost 2 1/2 stone. I excerise more too, but I have chocolate every night! It's great x

fishandlilacs Wed 06-Apr-11 22:17:34

Been on it 3 weeks, losty 5lb the first 6.5 last week and I had a bad week this week, plus it's my premenstrual week and I put on a lb.

My start weight was 21st 13.5lb

Cutting down on booze has been key to my successful weeks.

BlooferLady Thu 07-Apr-11 08:26:07

I lost 3.5 stone - went down from 17.6 to 13.13. It took about a year.

I loved it. If you enjoy cooking and have a large appetite (hem hem) it's great - lots of fresh ingredients and huge plates of food. No reason to ever be hungry...

I went to classes. It is very, very good for you to have the spectre of a weigh-in hanging over your head. I went to a kind of drop-in class where you didn't have to stay for motivational talks and all that. If you have a lot to lose it's a long haul - a year at least - and it's hard to sustain momentum over that period of time with no outside encouragement.

Alas I have gained 20lb in the last couple of years (studying for a PhD and developing asthma is shite for both dieting and exercise!) so I am just starting SW again, and since I have't a spare hour to get to class I am looking for an MN SW pal <looks searchingly to left and right> grin

TaffyandTeenyTaffy Thu 07-Apr-11 08:33:41

I am 13 weeks in - start weight at 14st6 and now 12st 10 - so 24lbs down. Have been out for at least one meal/boozy night a week. Its fab!
Weight loss is slowing now - but think I am being less good too! I will be at target (3.5 stone loss) by September if I can keep at it!

annaesme Thu 07-Apr-11 21:12:19

I started 6 weeks ago and have lost a stone so far. Have another stone to go to get to my goal weight. I've lost every week, although it's been erratic. Apart from the first week when I was really hungry, it's been fairly easy to stick to and I'm determined to continue. I don't stay for meetings, just weigh in each week. Unfortunately I need the humiliation of paying £4.95 and standing on someone else's scales each week, otherwise I don't think I'd stick to it. In the area I live, there are various venues and times to suit. If you can't make one slot, there's usually another nearby venue with a different day and time. Good luck!

MrsSalvatore Fri 08-Apr-11 20:54:47

hi i re-joined just after xmas

starting weight 15 stones

weight lost as of last tuesday 1st 3 1/3lbs

allycally Fri 08-Apr-11 22:54:11

rejoined first week in jan after leaving when i had my son before i had him i lost 5stone in a year however leaving was thewrong thing to do as i regained the weight while pregnant and after he was born
i have lost 1stone 11.5 since jan works well if you like your food good luck with your choice xxx

fufu123 Wed 16-Nov-16 23:46:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now